Vancouver to Seattle - plane or bus?

LindaKE

We'll be flying using FF miles, so the plane costs nothing, but we would have to pay for bus tickets. By the time we clear immigration at the airport and check in, the trip by plane is about the same amount of time as going by bus. Is there any advantage to the bus? The only one I can think of might be scenery, but my understanding is that the bus trip isn't anywhere near as scenic as the train. Would there be enough to see to make it worth the cost when the plane is free?

Thanks!

We'll be flying using FF miles, so the plane costs nothing, but we would have to pay for bus tickets. By the time we clear immigration at the airport and check in, the trip by plane is about the same amount of time as going by bus. Is there any advantage to the bus? The only one I can think of might be scenery, but my understanding is that the bus trip isn't anywhere near as scenic as the train. Would there be enough to see to make it worth the cost when the plane is free?

Thanks!

Flying will still cost money, as there are taxes, AIF (Vancouver airport facility charge), and USA immigration fee and USA agriculture inspection fees.

Something to consider, generally a short short flight like that isn't a particularly good use of FF miles.

Fly. I'm assuming your asking about flying from your city direct to either Seattle vs YVR? I'm flying to Seattle from Vancouver and its pretty nice. The bus would be my least favorite option. Its simply not scenic and you have to totally unload all luggage at the border with all passengers and go thru.

Fly, its more scenic and quick and its a far better option unless you take the train.

I've done it both ways, but would probably give a slight nod to the bus, especially if it picks you up/drops you off right at the cruise pier, thereby eliminating the need for an airport transfer. But either way works. So if flying works better with your overall itinerary, then that's cool.

I haven't done the train because that would involve additional transfers at both ends.

Archived