Recent Voyager cruisers - did you dock in Livorno or La Spezia

Bobal

Anyone recently returned from Voyager (in the last couple of weeks) and can tell me where you docked? I know that one of the cruises in June docked at La Spezia due to the volume of traffic in Livorno. I'm trying to plan my day and will go to different places depending where we dock. I emailed Royal Caribbean asking whether this was likely to happen every cruise and received a very ambiguous response saying it may happen due to the volume of traffic in Livorno.

I wondered whether this is happening frequently, or was just a one off. I know that high winds sometimes mean the ships have to dock in La Spezia, but this is due to volume of traffic, not weather.

Hello there. I was on Voyager of the Seas the first week of June. We received a note under our doors late the night before we were due to dock in Livorno. Due to heavy traffic at the port, we were rerouting to La Spezia and tendering in. This actually turned out to be a big pain as the tenders seems to be delayed and our tour left over an hour late and we were extremely rushed to get back. We booked an RC excursion to Florence and Pisa (the exclusive to see the statue of David) that cost over $350 per person and we felt very rushed. Note sure if this was totally due to the change in port but seemed to be. Still was a great time and Florence was awesome. Have fun. I'm jealous that my cruise is over.

Archived