Inside-Outside-Promenade-Balcony? Suite?

I have my own opinion about which type of cabin I prefer (balcony). I am curious as to other opinions?

We have had an inside, one promenade and one ocean view. Then we tried a balcony and have not returned to anything other. There are alot of opinions on the subject, but I would like to hear more.

We so enjoy being able to view the ocean or port and experience the weather and have the sunshine or moonlight just outside or door. The balcony is our own personal retreat.

If I had to cruise in an inside stateroom (only choice) I would,because I really like to cruise. But I prefer the balcony. Although we have not stayed in a suite.:D

Prefer balcony, but would rather have two cruises on an inside cabin than one in a balcony.

Decision was made in november on Adventure of the Seas 1 x 5 night in balcony, or B2B on inside cabin.

No brainer for me. 10 days on an inside cabin wins every day.

We have not had a suite, but have been in every other category. Certainly, I prefer a balcony, for all the obvious reasons, but that said, I'd rather cruise in an IN, OV, or PR cabin that not sail at all....;)

Only a balcony for me even if it means fewer cruises. Inside rooms are like a closet to me-only slightly larger and I just can't do it. Have to have fresh air and that ocean view.

I agree. After having a balcony and enjoying it immensely, we just can't go back. However, if we can swing it, we prefer a suite :)

We love windows, at least. However, we're also a fairly young couple trying to be cautious w money. Had an inside GTY on the Freedom last month that ended up as a PR stateroom. We rebooked on the Freedom for next year initially in a hump balcony but realized that we really liked the PR stateroom, and could use the $500 we'd save between the two categories for our activities. I used to live in Manhattan. With the people-watching you can do, the PR staterooms are feel like being back in the city- and a great fit for us!

I would certainly book inside GTY again over not cruising, even if we ended up with a true inside stateroom.

JS is the highest category we've been in but usually we're in a balcony. If we can't afford a balcony, we'll wait until we can. We love to cruise but for us, vacation is all about comfort & relaxation & we didn't get those things when we were in the lower categories.

I'd be very happy to cruise in a JS all the time. I'm sure the larger suites are wonderful but I think I'd probably look at the JS the way some people view insides. I'd rather take two or three cruises in a JS than one in a GS..........

I've been on 2 cruises, both with balconies, but the only one where I thought a balcony was absolutely necessary was the one to Alaska. Next year, we will be in 2 connecting PR staterooms, and I'm looking forward to the experience!

I could not cope with an inside; I know that for sure. We had a JS on Freedom but we'd booked a D1 - only got upgraded to the JS because the TA made a *major* mistake with the booking, then lied about it (d'oh!)

We *loved* the JS and as there are three of us, appreciated the extra room. But being able to open the balcony door and step outside for a little bit of sea air was wonderful after our two OV rooms on Ocean Village and OV2.

For our upcoming cruise on Indy we couldn't afford a JS but I'm more than happy to have a D1 balcony. Being able to open that door is a definite requirement for me! :) Means we can't afford to cruise every year but when we *do* cruise I know we'll all really enjoy our room.

The balcony is really important to me because I came on the cruise to enjoy the calm of the moving water. It really helps me relax, get away from everyday worries, and experience something I can't get at home. (That said I only live a 40 minute drive from the ocean-but alas real life interrupts).

While I enjoy meeting people in the MDR & gathering areas, and I love the activities & shows, the real reason I cruise is to see the ocean going by, it is like the "Ultimate Vitamin" to relieve the stresses of life, so only balcony and suites for me. If they have a suite "on sale", I love it, but the suite is not necessary--but the balcony is!

Archived