Leaving tomorrow, finally!

mickym

We are packed and ready to go, leaving tomorrow for NYC and the next evening we are off to Paris on Uniworld, River Princess, Paris and the Heart of Europe. It's our first river cruise so not quite sure what to expect but just wanted to say "Thank You", "Merci" and "Dunca" to everyone on here for all the helpful information! I'll try to write a review when we get back.

For those of you going along, see you soon.

Enjoy! We are looking at this trip for next year, so we will be anxious to hear what you thought.

We just returned from the River Beatrice and our wonderful Cruise Manager Mirella was going then to this River Princess for the rest of the summer, we think. If she is there, you wiull be very fortunate!

Hi mickym

I am still scrambling to get yard work etc done before I leave. :( That is one thing you can't really do too far ahead of time. I don't leave until Monday therefore I think tomorrow I will repack my suitcase. I have a feeling I have overpacked leaving little room for purchases should I find anything...ya right. What time do you arrive in Paris? I am scheduled to arrive at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday morning (which is still only 1:30 a.m. at home) I hope the jetlag is minimal.

Diva,

Where did you go on the Beatrice?

Hi Moe,

Yes, I just got done with yard work. My son is supposed to mow for us while we are gone but it won't be the same job, oh well.

Yes, I was wondering also how I will fit in the things I buy on the trip. I thought I did a pretty good job packing but the gifts could be a problem.

We don't get to Paris till 1:00 PM so we will have a shorter day but maybe I will get some sleep on the plane so I won't be quite so tired when I get there. The jet lag could be a problem!! Did you get your air through Uniworld?

No I used my points with Air Canada. It was a lot cheaper because I just paid the taxes. I did buy some "No Jet Lag" as was suggested by others. You might have it easier arriving later...oh well I will survive....it isn't really what I would call a hardship. :D

I've never heard of "No Jet Lag". What's it supposed to do exactly? I am taking a sleeping pill when I get on the plane so hopefully I can catch five or six hours and I figured that would be a big help.

On my first trip to Europe to do a British Isles and Norwegian Fjord cruise on Celebrity, we decided to spend a few days in Paris first and then travel to Dover by Chunnel train. We arrived in Paris at 9:00 A.M. After checking into our hotel, we thought a Hop On/Hope Off Bus tour would be the best thing to do to give me an overview of Paris. I promptly fell asleep. My husband would keep waking me up to see Notre Dame etc. i would wake up long enough to say "Nice" and then fall asleep again. Jet lag is a problem for me. Since then, when we arrive in Europe, I take a 1 hour power nap in the hotel before heading off to sight see. We also try to arrive a day or two ahead of time to give us time to see the departure city and to overcome jet lag. Enjoy your trip. We have to wait until October for ours.

Shelley

Mickym,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1215740&highlight=

I hope the above link works, but this is my River Beatrice/Enchanting Danube 5/26-6/6 report posted on this thread a few weeks ago when we returned. It should give you some info. If the link does not work, click on my name and look for the threads I have started and it should be there as well.

Thanks for the links and comments. I am taking off today also and will meet mickym in Paris. It is strange when you do not have a face to attach to all these people on the boards. :cool:

Archived