Bringing Wine on Board

yes, 1 bottle of wine per person. and a 12 pack of soda per person. if you bring a cork screw along you can open it yourself in the cabin. or if your waiter is a really good one they wont charge you the $10 corkage fee if you take it too the dining room. some make you pay and others dont. have a great time.

A friend told me Carnival allows 1 bottle of wine to be brought on board per person; is this true?

One bottle per person over 21 and you must carry it on board. If you put it in your checked back there is a better than 50% chance it will be confiscated by Carnival then returned to you when you leave.

We put a wine box in our checked luggage during cruises in '08 and '09, and had no problem at all. We called room service and asked for empty wine glasses -- and they delivered them. Then we had our own wine for the entire cruise. It was great!

Correct. 1 750ml bottle per guest over age 21 in your carry-on luggage.

We took two 1.5 ltr bottles of wine with us in our carry on and nothing was said. Make sure it is in your carry on luggage, if it is in your checked luggage, it may be confiscated.

We put a wine box in our checked luggage during cruises in '08 and '09, and had no problem at all. We called room service and asked for empty wine glasses -- and they delivered them. Then we had our own wine for the entire cruise. It was great!

Current rules say "must be in carry-on"...just FYI.

We took two 1.5 ltr bottles of wine with us in our carry on and nothing was said. Make sure it is in your carry on luggage, if it is in your checked luggage, it may be confiscated.

What is the current "rule" on bringing soda on board? Does the rule change often? I hear conflicting rules/stories.

What is the current "rule" on bringing soda on board? Does the rule change often? I hear conflicting rules/stories.

I am not a soda drinker, so I am not sure what the rule on soda is. I have seen people with a case of coke and a case of water in line at the ports, so I am assuming a case of each is permissable.

OK, don't flame me, but I'm not much of a wine drinker (too strong), do you think they would let me bring one of those fake wines like Boone's Farm:eek: or wine coolers? Wouldn't need a corkscrew!

These can go into your checked. Take out the bladder, put it into a zip lock, break down the box (bring that too to rebulid). Equal to 4 bottles, the box is around 22.00 each. Excellent wine. ;)

http://www.blackboxwines.com/

i love love love the black box wines.... i plan on taking it on my next 2 cruises...:)

Last I read it was "wine and soda/water must be in carry-on" so that's what we're doing.

One bottle per person over 21 and you must carry it on board. If you put it in your checked back there is a better than 50% chance it will be confiscated by Carnival then returned to you when you leave.

Do they check all "checked" luggage or is it a random check?

Archived