Cruisin in january???/

pozz

Doesn't anyone cruise in the winter anymore,it seem's all these forums r from the hurrican season,or is just a cost thing,"cheapest price possible" only let me know curiosity? I'm going in Jan on the 29th,its my 50th birthday present from wiffie,on liberty,any tips???????

Doesn't anyone cruise in the winter anymore,it seem's all these forums r from the hurrican season,or is just a cost thing,"cheapest price possible" only let me know curiosity? I'm going in Jan on the 29th,its my 50th birthday present from wiffie,on liberty,any tips???????

I did Spirit in January 2008, but it was a Mexican rivera. I loved getting out of the cold. Will be doing Valor next January and looking forward to it:D

What type of tips are you looking for? I have been on Liberty, but it was a summer cruise. Other than possibly cooler temps. I don't think the cruise itself would be very different.

on board,the general population of adults to kids ratio in the winter months,married 14 yrs ,and i turn 50 next year wiffie got me a cruise for my birthday,isnt she sweet,kids arent coming,we havent traveled alone since honeymoon in paris.

Late January/early February is our favorite time to cruise! Perfect for getting away from the frozen tundra of Wisconsin!

As far as tips, keeping reading all you can right here on Cruise Critic and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Hope you have a great time!

Later Jan/early Feb is my FAVORITE time to cruise when not going with the kids. It is great to get away from the cold weather and since school is in session there are much fewer kids. Right now I am back in school myself so I am stuck with following that schedule - which is actually one of the reasons I did not cruise this year.

Liberty is a beautiful ship.

ENJOY!!

The only advice I can give you is watch the weather before you fly down. It was bitter cold last winter (40's), and we were not able to use the pool until we hit Belize. Other than that, enjoy your cruise!

thanks,hey just being in the sun will do it for me i'm not woorried about the pool on board,its the beaches i want,and lots of sun ,i hope i get,i'll be flying down a day early,my sister lives in ft.lauderdale she will be sheauffering me around l.o.l.

The only advice I can give you is watch the weather before you fly down. It was bitter cold last winter (40's), and we were not able to use the pool until we hit Belize. Other than that, enjoy your cruise!

The winter weather can also prevent you from getting to the ship. It is best to leave a day or so beforehand to be sure that you'll get to the cruise port in time.

thats what i want ,to get away from the ontario,winter,we r going jan29,2011 carnival liberty,western caribean,thanks i will keep reading.

We are sailing January 8th, 2011 on the Liberty. It shall be fun. I have sailed one other time in January on the Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas, and it was a little bit cooler at night time, the last day was horrible. I think half of the ship was sea sick. We had extremely rough seas. We were in an ocean view cabin and the waves went over our windows. It was cool, but doing this all day did my sister in...and alot of others...haha!!

Other then that, it was great. And I am sure you will have a great cruise!!

We did the Liberty last Jan western Caribbean and had a great time. The ship is beautiful and the crew was great. The weather was also great mid 80's to mid 90's. We really enjoyed the tour to Tulum, also Dunn's River Falls is a must. Enjoy your Cruise.

thats what i want ,to get away from the ontario,winter,we r going jan29,2011 carnival liberty,western caribean,thanks i will keep reading.

We did that trip a few years ago.

We loved it! Would travel again in January but NY winters being what they are......

I need to be at work when the weather is bad...........

So we mostly travel in April or October (with a few exceptions;))

Anna

Not sure where you will be going on the Liberty, but we did the Miracle this ppast January and loved it. While everyone was freezing here in the States, we were scuba diving in St Kitts and St Lucia. The water was warm, the weather was beautiful and the trip was great. Have a great time on the Liberty.:D

We did the Liberty in January of 2009. It was great leaving the cold here in Toronto!! We got lucky with the weather... it was warm at every stop and we didn't get too much rain. We've cruised before in August and it was too HOT for me! lol

Although, by the time we got back to Miami it was a little chilly and cloudy. So I would definitely recommend having something warm to wear. Seeing as you're leaving from Ontario, I'm sure you'll already have something. :)

my wife and i are on the cruise the week before you.

and a different carnival ship, but the week before.

always cruise in Jan of each year.

if we do a extra cruise it's in nov.

My husband and I are cruising the Miracle on December 29 of this year. We will be spending New Year's Eve at sea on New Year's Day, we will be in St. Maarten on New Year's Day:)

Won't miss the Canadian weather!

Archived