Cruisin in january???/

pozz

We prefer to cruise in Jan or February.

Living in WI, we have pretty decent summers. Why anyone would pay to leave here and cruise while the weather is good here. I understand some are teachers or their jobs won't allow them to vacation any other time, however I don't have a job with such restrictions!! So our months of choice would be Jan, Feb and early March. After that it gets too hot.

Our honeymoon cruise was in June and we did Western Caribbean...it was horrible!!! Hotter than heck. Plus you have to worry about Hurricanes. We enjoy ourselves so much more getting away from the snow.

We did Liberty Eastern. It was awesome. Friends came with us and they are hooked now, too. So now we have cruising buddies.

Enjoy!!

what is this "meet and greet" on board about

Here is a cut and paste from an email sent to me after an inquiry about the M&M.....

new_talisma_header.gif

Good day Ed:

Thank you for your e mail. We are pleased that you have selected to sail aboard our Carnival Victory for your group’s travel plans.

If your group has a minimum of 20 guests who are fully deposited and would like to plan a gathering by purchasing food and beverages, our Event Planning Department can assist you. I have attached our Carnival Entertains Booklet with our food and beverage options listed for you to make your selections.

Once the group is fully deposited and guest counts confirmed, please send us a request and we will secure a venue that best fits the group size.

I want you to know, we do not block lounges or meeting room space for groups who simply need an area for informal gathering, unless they require pre-purchased food and beverages. If your group would like to get together to socialize, they should agree upon a designated location once onboard (i.e. before dinner) and communicate this location to the members of the group. Bear in mind the location may not be used as a private venue.

If you do wish to pre-purchase food and beverages, once you have made your selections please send all requests via e-mail to GroupEventPlanning@carnival.com attention to Group Event Planning. Please include your group booking number, ship, sailing date, number of attending guests, day, time and length of the event, any equipment needed and all food and beverages needed in the room.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

We look forward to working with you.

Thank you for Choosing Carnival Cruise Lines.

Hope this helps....:D

We cruise in the winter too....:cool:

Brookie & Ed

For past few years we cruise in Feb to get rid of about 10 days of winter.

Same here.....like to leave the bitter cold and snow behind....plus less kids on board. While the cruise itself is the same....we like the different weather conditions (winter to summer for us!) We are going in Feb again this year on the Miracle, S. Caribbean..can't wait!

Doesn't anyone cruise in the winter anymore,it seem's all these forums r from the hurrican season,or is just a cost thing,"cheapest price possible" only let me know curiosity? I'm going in Jan on the 29th,its my 50th birthday present from wiffie,on liberty,any tips???????

We always cruise in the winter!! Going in Jan as well...on Dream.

Loved the Liberty!!

Same here.....like to leave the bitter cold and snow behind....plus less kids on board. While the cruise itself is the same....we like the different weather conditions (winter to summer for us!) We are going in Feb again this year on the Miracle, S. Caribbean..can't wait!

HEY!! Me, too!!:mad::eek::) great minds think alike!! see you on board!;)

Archived