SHHH Dont tell the DW it's a suprise !!!!!!

:o:o

For x-mas this year I want to give the DW cruise docs for May on the Allure which will sail during her b-day. She normally does all of our bookings so I am a bit out of my element. I want to book our first balcony but I am not sure what categorie or where the hump cabins are if any. We normally stay mid ship and that has worked for us in the past. Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome…have a Happy and safe Fourth!!!!

Well the Allure is one of the harder ships to pick a cabin. First there are two main kind of balconies , inside balconies and ocean facing balconies. Be advised if you are smokers that none of the inside balconies allow smoking and have less privacy as everyone across the way has full view of your balcony.

Now saying that there is a whole range of categories within those main types. My suggestion is to pull up a floor plan and see what colors line up to where you want to be or go and sit down with a travel agent who can help you navigate the mire of info especially if you are feeling overwhelmed.

It appears the D1 and JS (Junior Suites) catagories are the ones on the "hump" for this class ship. According to the deck plans the balconies appear to be slightly deeper than the rest.

example: deck 8 D1 8192 thru 8204 on one side and 8292 thru 8604 on the other side

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I will do a TA this time and it will make it easier to keep the surprise away from her. Oh panther fan…thanks for Peppers we really needed a DL.

Did you know before the cruise that you were going ? I would love to wait untill May to tell her but it will be hard enough for me to keep it from her untill Christmas.

:o:o

For x-mas this year I want to give the DW cruise docs for May on the Allure which will sail during her b-day. She normally does all of our bookings so I am a bit out of my element. I want to book our first balcony but I am not sure what categorie or where the hump cabins are if any. We normally stay mid ship and that has worked for us in the past. Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome…have a Happy and safe Fourth!!!!

How nice!!! I hope you can pull it off and keep it a surprise!!! :)

I give you credit for doing the booking, I too do all the booking so I can relate how my DH would be out of his element!

BTW...son and his family live in TP! We will be there in a few months. ;)

Did you know before the cruise that you were going ? I would love to wait untill May to tell her but it will be hard enough for me to keep it from her untill Christmas.

Yes! He "told" me via a scrapbook he put together. He gave me the scrapbook on my birthday, which said that The Norway cruise was sailing a month or so later. But that's because I'm the type of person who needs time to pack and plan a little. And, being the intelligent husband that he was, knew that I wanted to be surprised, but also needed a little time beforehand.

If your wife is anything like me, she's going to love love love your gift.

As a previous poster mentioned, D1 cabins are ocean view balconies that are on the hump. You may also want to consider a D5 cabin, as some of them are actually on the ends of the hump and are normally much less expensive. For example, for our upcoming Allure cruise, I went with 8190 (D5) which has a slightly larger balcony and will give good views forward. Just a suggestion if you find the price of the D1 to be too expensive.

I will do a TA this time and it will make it easier to keep the surprise away from her.

I'm working on booking a surprise cruise as well, and a TA does indeed make it easier to keep a secret. I don't have to worry about any documents or whatnot arriving to the house because it all goes to the TA. Good luck!

Thanks for all of the help. It takes her two months and ten list to pack so that is why I will tell her at Christmas. For some crazy reason she does not read this site so no worries there.

Archived