NCL rep told my sister that Bingo is now allowed on POAm

DAGVBSB

My sister in law, who is going on our cruise on the POAm next week called me last night all excited. She had called NCL to get some questions answered (most of which I already knew the answer to like how early can we board, what time is muster drill, etc.).

She asked the rep about Bingo and was told that they now have Bingo on the Pride of America. She asked "are you sure since it never leaves Hawaii" and the answer was yes, they now allow it. She is a Bingo nut and is now super excited because she can play Bingo on board next week.

I told her that I think the NCL rep didn't give her the correct information (a normal procedure for NCL Customer Service.) because gambling is illegal in Hawaii by law.

Can someone help me out here? Is there now bingo on the Pride of America?

Bingo is still illegal in the State of Hawaii.

I doubt if POA has bingo, at least the illegal kind. (ie, you pay to play, numbers are drawn at random and the winner gets something of value).

Shouldn't be a problem.....NCL bingo is very expensive.

Bingo is still illegal in the State of Hawaii.

I doubt if POA has bingo, at least the illegal kind. (ie, you pay to play, numbers are drawn at random and the winner gets something of value).

Shouldn't be a problem.....NCL bingo is very expensive.

I quite agree, NCL's bingo is outlandish and the prizes are miniscule. It is one of the biggest money makers for NCL cruises though.

My sister in law is a bingo nut and will play anywhere, anytime she gets the chance. Hence the reason she asked the question.

I knew the gambling in Hawaii is illegal and I hadn't heard that NCL had put bingo on the POAm but I was just trying to get some evidence to back my claim up for her.

I have told her how you can call NCL Customer Service, talk to three people and get three answers but she really wants to believe this guy.

As I suspected, just NCL Customer Service being their normal, bad self and giving out false information.

We will be on the POAM next week also, and I was wondering what time they told your sister in law we could board.

Noon.

Her sister is also coming with us, but they are flying in a couple days early for a pre-cruise stay. Since our flight does not get in until 1:00 p.m., her sister will be on board long before us!

They also told her that all passengers must be on board by 5:00 p.m.

Bingo on NCL has a bad reputation. Suggest planning for other activities, whether or not bingo is available.

Oh, I agree 100% and have tried to show my sister in law the statistics and how small the pots are compared to what they take in.... no go with her... She would play bingo even if the ship was sinking.

Just off the Pride of America on June 26. One afternoon as we were walking thru the pool area, they were calling Bingo numbers and people had paper bingo cards in hand. Now, I have no idea what type of prizes they were playing for, or what the point of the game was since gambling is not allowed in Hawaii, but they were playing bingo for something. I would volunteer to check the Freestyle Daily, but we left them all in Hawaii!

When I was on the POA in January there was Bingo, it was free, and you played for prizes, not money. Some of the things they were offering were wine, dinner at the specialty restaurants, and even tickets to the Luau.

Well that is a way better deal than the pay-to-play bingo!!!

I wish they'd do that on all the ships. I love bingo, but not when I'm spending $20 to play against 200 people to win $200 LOL

YOu could ask on the Hawaii board to see what recent cruisers say. I was on the May22 and do not recall any Bingo listed on the dailies, nor did I witness any bingo, but we were out and about all day everyday.

When I was on the POA in January there was Bingo, it was free, and you played for prizes, not money. Some of the things they were offering were wine, dinner at the specialty restaurants, and even tickets to the Luau.

Maybe because the games were free and you were only playing for "on board" gifts they can circumvent the gambling laws of HI. It sounds like a lot more fun to do it that way, I bet the games were well attended as well. What's not to like about FREE!?!? :D

YOu could ask on the Hawaii board to see what recent cruisers say. I was on the May22 and do not recall any Bingo listed on the dailies, nor did I witness any bingo, but we were out and about all day everyday.

As of last week there were 3 games of Bingo during the week. I like Bingo but hate the odds of winning so I usually don't play on the ships. On my first cruise many, many years ago the free Bingo was the only thing that was played and it was also for ship's prizes.

DAGVBSB how was your cruise? Was there bingo? A more burning question for me is, did you have any trouble with your trans-Pacific flight arriving so close to embarkation time? How did everything go?

Just off the Pride of America on June 26. One afternoon as we were walking thru the pool area, they were calling Bingo numbers and people had paper bingo cards in hand. Now, I have no idea what type of prizes they were playing for, or what the point of the game was since gambling is not allowed in Hawaii, but they were playing bingo for something. I would volunteer to check the Freestyle Daily, but we left them all in Hawaii!
Hi Lee. I just wanted to mention that the Emerald Seas was my first ship too. What great memories!

Archived