Buying FCCs for someone else?

We will be on Serenade in less than two weeks! (YIPPIE !). I intend to buy some FCCs. Can I buy them for my nieces as well? and then transfer them? This will be for their graduation gift in Summer 2012. I thought I'd buy the FCC, and then for birthdays, Xmas, etc. from now till then "add to it", so that their cruise will be essentially paid for. Any comments on if this is possible?

I assume that FCC is a Future Cruise Credit. RCCL refers to them as "next cruise" certificates. I don't think you can purchase a "next cruise" certificate for someone who isn't on the cruise.

If you want to "accumulate" credit for your nieces you're probably better off purchasing Royal Caribbean Gift Certificates.

You can purchase a next cruise cert. for yourself (be sure to get the friends certificates that come with it) and when you book you cruise your nieces can use the friends certificate and sail with you (they need to book within 30 days of your booking). They would get the same OBC benefit and could use the gift certificates to pay off the cruise.

Have a wonderful time on Serenade. We're doing a b2b on her next winter.

We will be on Serenade in less than two weeks! (YIPPIE !). I intend to buy some FCCs. Can I buy them for my nieces as well? and then transfer them? This will be for their graduation gift in Summer 2012. I thought I'd buy the FCC, and then for birthdays, Xmas, etc. from now till then "add to it", so that their cruise will be essentially paid for. Any comments on if this is possible?

Next Cruise is now known as a Why Not Decide Later booking. When booking a cabin, at least one person's name that is on the original booking must be in the cabin at the time of sailing. From the RCI website....." Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remains on the reservations".

If you plan on going on the same cruise, then I would purchase a WNDL booking and get the certificate for family and friends. Then when you decide on a cruise, your niece has 30 days to book the same cruise as you do. If you have her booking number you can always make payments on it.

My other suggestion would be to call C&A before you leave and ask. The number is 1-800-526-9723. This is a wonderful graduation gift that you are contemplating giving to your niece.

I don't know if things have changed but I was able to book 3 separate cabins on a cruise a couple of years ago. All of us received the obc as part of the next cruise booking.

We just did this last month while on the FoS. Rebooked my husband/me, and added my parents in a separate cabin. Each of us received the OBC, even though my parents weren't on last month's cruise with us.

Thanks for all (and varied) responses. Regarding Gift Certificates -it is noted you have to be 21 to redeem them so those won't work. If I need to I guess I can just give cash- but its just not the same. And I find generally phoning doesn't always provide the best/accurate response. The Corporate types are often too far removed from what's happening on the ground. I'll indicate I want to buy two extra for two people not with me. If they wish to turn down the business, so be it.

Archived