Diving in Barbados and Dominica?

Texas_Diver

I do not sail with Carnival so I cannot speculate as to why they do not list diving excursions in Barbados or Dominica. If your time in port allows, I would also reccommend booking dives indepently. Dominica has great diving. I have used both Nature Island and Aldive & W.A.T.E.R. Sports. Both are great operations. Aldive is located closer to the port. I did dive in Barbados also but do not remember what independant I used.

The diving around Barbados is OK but is mediocre at best when compared to Dominica. For years Dominica and St. Lucia were the best kept secret in the diving world.

Nature Island Divers does do a great job as a previous poster stated. We have been diving with them on several occasions. They have always been very organized, verys safety oriented and very professional. Dominca isn't one of our ports of call for our upcoming December dive trip but if it were we would once again be diving with them.

Let me make a recommendation for a diffierent type of outing while on Barbados. We go on a day long lunch, beach, snorkeling and booze cruise on the catamaran El Tigre. We have always had a ball with them. On our second or third Barbados visit we booked nothing in advance. We hooked up with them on a spur of the moment basis through the tourist bureau. We had such a good time that we will be going back with them for the fourth time in December. Just a thought.

Enjoy that next dive experience.:):):)

• 7 months later...

Another nod for Nature Island Divers. They were excellent. Small groups, good equipment, dive master was great (I drank beers with him later at the local bar), he knew my goal was to see a seahorse-he found me the most cryptic seahorse that I would never have found on my own:)

Archived