Snorkeling in Barbados and Aruba?

iflyrc5

Has anyone done a snorkeling cruise with "Ocean Adventures" company on their Silver Moon Cat? We are doing a B2B on the HAL Maasdam in Jan/Feb 2011 and will in Barbados twice - this company looked good but just looking for some first hand information. Appreciate any information on this company or others in Barbados.

We will also be in Aruba - looking for a good snorkel trip there also.

Thanks for your help:D

I did the 24 person Silver Moon last year and found it very good. The food was very good and the rum punch was fantastic. The catamaran wasn't crowded, lots of room to spread out. The crew was very professional. It's not a party boat though, at least it wasn't our day. The crew didn't "entertain" in any way - it was quite quiet and relaxing.

The only downside for me, which wasn't their fault in any way, was that the water was murky that day so we couldn't see the turtles unless they swam right by us. Still an amazing experience but I'll have to do it again someday and hope for better conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

I forget the name of the company in Aruba, but they use a big sailing schooner that stops at three places and advertise their swing (rope swing off the boat after snorkeling - very cool!)

The stop at Catalina was our favorite for the enormous number of and variety of sea life.

Based on this experience we went back and spent a week in Aruba and snorkeled almost daily at Catalina.

DePalm island was a nice beach break and had huge blue parrot fish, but not many other kinds of sea life there.

I don't think you would be disappointed with either experience.

I forget the name of the company in Aruba, but they use a big sailing schooner that stops at three places and advertise their swing (rope swing off the boat after snorkeling - very cool!)

The stop at Catalina was our favorite for the enormous number of and variety of sea life.

Based on this experience we went back and spent a week in Aruba and snorkeled almost daily at Catalina.

DePalm island was a nice beach break and had huge blue parrot fish, but not many other kinds of sea life there.

I don't think you would be disappointed with either experience.

There are two nearly identical: Pirates Of The Caribbean and Mi Dushi. One will probably be offered as a ship's excursion.

They are not "WET AND WILD" booze cruises. The crews are professional and very skilled. The snorkeling is good and the trip a lot of fun, especially for families.:

http://www.midushi.com/

http://www.jolly-pirates.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Aruba is not known for snorkeling. Yes, there are some fish and turtles but there is no reef system. That is what is required for fish and the coral co-habitate. The waters are known to have 10ft. visibility, good snorkelig is in 30+ft. visibility. interestly enough a sister island Curacao has very good snorkeling on the WEST END of the island.

Barbados is 50% better though not considered a snorkeling island like St. Jogn or Grand Cayman. There is a Sail & Snorkel with a firm named Calebezze or similar that takes only 10 on a 42ft. sail boat. We are going on it based on a recommendation on our cruise in Dec. but more for the sail than the snorkel.

Archived