FOS Wine Package

I'm sure there have been other posts about this, but we have questions about the wine packages on Royal Caribbean and just cannot find info.

I'll be going on my 6th cruise, 2nd on RCCL, in October and our last cruise (on RCCL) was the first, where at least I noticed, where wine packages were offered.

Some of our questions range from can you have a bottle of wine in your room, can you take an opened bottle back to your room, can you request a bottle to have anywhere on the ship and if you had one left at the end of the cruise, can you take it with you provided it is not yet opened, can you exchange a bottle for another once purchased .... etc.

We are huge wine drinkers but not yet sure of the benefit of going with a wine package or just wait to see what we feel like drinking each night.

Any advice is welcomed as well as exactly the benefits of going with a wine package.

Thanks All! :)

The benefit is that you save a little money over buying individual bottles. You can get your wine at any dining venue. There will be a sticker on your Seapass that shows you have purchased a wine package. You may take any wine left over from dinner back to your cabin, and you can ask to have a bottle opened in the dining venue to take back to your cabin. But if you ask for a bottle to be delivered to your cabin you will be charged a corkage fee if you take that bottle to a dining venue. Not fair, but that's how RCI does it.

Archived