Anyone been in room 6251

claz

We are sailing on the Eclipse and just wondered if anybody had been in this room or very near to tell us what it is like? I have tried looking at previous posts but havent found any or any close

• 5 years later...

:confused:Hello, I have been trying for weeks to find anyone who can tell me how obstructed the view is from this balcony. Did you sail in it? Please help. Celebrity say 30% obstruction, clear horizontal view but obstructed below with lifeboats, which I can tolerate however, looking at images of the outside of the ship, 6251 looks like it has the lifeboat supports DIRECTLY in front of cabin???

wadden I know you're looking for the Eclipse, but I found a picture from a 2012 post by jdechter showing the obstruction of 6251 on the Reflection.

Sorry I'm unsure if the Reflection lifeboats have exactly the same placing as the Eclipse, but maybe will give you some kind of idea :)

a5ddua.jpg

Thanks so much. Yes, I looked at the sheet but only the only reference is to same cabin on Reflection which is what started my angst as the obstruction shown there are two HUGE lifeboat supports blocking more than half the horizontal view. I looked at deck plans of both eclipse and reflection and they are identical (I never knew this before!) so - I'm assuming if they're identical inside - they're identical outside too. Our TA 'upgrade' us to 2C and advised that the only obstruction would be lifeboats BELOW and clear horizontal view! On that basis, I paid in full and now think I'm stuck with this awful cabin. I emailed him the photo of reflection's balcony yesterday and he's sent it onto Celebrity for confirmation. Have I any options here? thanks again.

Edited by wadden
replied to wrong person

Just FYI - to give you some options in case other cabins are available,

I was on the Equinox in 6252 a couple weeks ago. It has the posts. It is an obstructed view, after all, but I wouldn't call the view "awful" (for the price we paid.) I'm no photographer, but you can see that the lifeboat is below your balcony railing. Try imagine looking straight out to sea.

I was in 6256 last year. That cabin did not have any vertical obstruction. Take a look at my post #4 for pictures of that cabin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2208850

Bottom line, you probably saved a couple hundred, and you're in a prime location -- very quiet, short walk to the elevators. Bon Voyage!

1894961897_Equinox62521.jpg.7a5fc23e5940e7ca79ef002c9afb8d08.jpg

1992407735_Equinox62522.jpg.adb091cf75fbcf82ad87ed673eda3b04.jpg