Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

Go to http://www.lastminutetravel.com. Put in Miami downtown and ask for a 5 star hotel. It doesn't name the hotel, but it should come up as the Intercontinental Hotel (a wonderful hotel 1/2 mile from the port and if you request a bayside room when you check-in you'll be able to actually see the ships in port). If you click on "more info" it will list that it's across from Bayside Market...that way you'll know it's Intercontinental Hotel. It's going for $87/night, which is an absolute steal (the hotel typically goes for $250-$500/night). I just booked a friend of mine for mid October for that rate.

Jo-Ann

Jerseygirl- The Intercontinental doesn't seem to be available for me in Dec. Any other ideas??

Is there a beach within walking distance to the Intercontinental @ Chopin Plaza. It looked like there was a sandy beach from some of the pictures, but then pictures can be deceiving!

Thank you.

Hopefully someone who's actually been there can answer for certain, but from looking at Google maps, there doesn't appear to be. Any waterfront appears to be a working harbor.

Is there a beach within walking distance to the Intercontinental @ Chopin Plaza. It looked like there was a sandy beach from some of the pictures, but then pictures can be deceiving!

Thank you.

The IC is in downtown Miami and there is not a beach within walking distance. You will have to take a cab or bus to the beach.

I am looking for 12/30. Is it too soon?

Not really. I would keep trying but I would get a hotel room that you can cancel just in case. It did look like the The Conard is available for $140.00 right now on last minute travel. It might be very hard to find a really good deal since that will be New Years Eve.

Laura

Hi Burm,

Can you tell me how you bid on Priceline(what zone, what star, etc.) and got the Courtyard for -I think it was Feb. '11.

Thanks so much,

Frank

Date: March 8, 2011

Number of Nights: 1

Hotel: Courtyard By Marriott Miami Airport South 1201 Nw Le Jeune Road

Miami

Rating: 3 star

Area: Miami Airport

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $75

Taxes & Service Fees: $17.86

Total: $92.86

I started at $40, 4 star bidding on airport area, downtown or beaches. :D Being March break there were no "steals" available, but it is still a good deal for that high period, I think. It seems to be rather highly recommended and has a shuttle. The winning bid was for 3 star, miami airport.

i just booked for Oct at the InterContinental with last minute...$83!!!

does any one know if there is a store to buy some wine/beer in walking distance from the hotel. Coming in on a flight, and want to buy some wine to take on a cruise.

Yes there is a liquor store a couple of blocks from the IC. just ask the bellman and he will point you in the right direction.

Laura

I loved using the site you recommended and the Intercontinental is an absolutely stunning hotel. What a great way to end a vacation...I didn't want to leave!

Glad you enjoyed it. We'll be staying there again for two nights in February, but it isn't offered on LMT. Luckily DH is a Federal government worker, so I got a government rate of $152/night. That's a great price for peak season. So looking forward to going back. I think this will be our 6th or 7th time staying there.

Jo-Ann

Enjoy yourself JerseyGirl. I wish I could have availed myself of the spa. It looked very relaxing. I think we have a mySpa in Chicago, although I'm not sure if it's located in our Intercontinental. Heck, I just noticed the logo looks a lot like the one in Miami!

If you want to stay near Bayside (as I mentioned, the Intercontinental Miami at Chopin Plaza is still available for your date for $87/night...I would run, not walk, to grab that rate since it's a first rate hotel), it's about a 10 minute taxi ride to the beach. You can take a taxi or bus. The IC is right across the street from Bayside as well as being a stone's throw from the port. I highly recommend it. I wish I were going in October so I could get that rate, but we're staying there in February. It's our hotel of choice everytime we cruise out of Miami.

Hey there-We'll be staying in Miami in February too (2 prenights) where are you staying? I wonder if the IC will offer a great last minute rate if we wait to book?

Edit: Ah-nevermind! I just re-read and see the post about the government rate thru your hubbys work!! :)

The IC and LMT have no deals for me for my mid January cruise. Hyatt Regency has some decent rates.

I previously stayed at the Hyatt which I booked with LMT. They had a choice of rooms with or without breakfast. The breakfast buffet is $18 if this makes a difference in deciding.

I see the Conrad Hilton available for April 15-17 on LMT for $95 a night. Awesome. I go to the hotels website and put in the dates, and the site says no rooms available. On LMT, it says available next to my rate and dates. What are the chances once I put my information in the system, it comes back as not avaialbe????? John

Archived