Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

Has anyone been successful at booking the IC in Miami through LMT and getting/upgrading to a port or harbor view room?

We upgraded to a harbor view room of the IC, too (as other have said), once we got there for an additional $20.

Lets see if the attachment worked. (Never done this here before) This was taken on the 10th floor of the IC in October. Hope this helps others decide. Oh, and please ignore the clutter! :)

room.jpg.2b51fc27de6cf59692af75fda9a10597.jpg

No problem using LMT. Stayed at the IC 12/12/10,

paid $20 for upgrade for a total of $117.00 for one night.

Loved the hotel, hoping to stay there 2/4/11, 2/5/11, before getting

on the Glory..

We upgraded to a harbor view room of the IC, too (as other have said), once we got there for an additional $20.

Lets see if the attachment worked. (Never done this here before) This was taken on the 10th floor of the IC in October. Hope this helps others decide. Oh, and please ignore the clutter! :)

No problem using LMT. Stayed at the IC 12/12/10,

paid $20 for upgrade for a total of $117.00 for one night.

Loved the hotel, hoping to stay there 2/4/11, 2/5/11, before getting

on the Glory..

Good to hear. Be prepared to pay more. The rate has increased from $167 to $171.

I know you've probably made your arrangements, but for anyone else that comes across this thread this info will likely be helpful. I stayed at the Conrad 2 days before our cruise at the end of October (the IC wasn't available on LMT those days as apparently they had a special function that took a lot of rooms). If you can't get the IC and want to visit Bayside Marketplace, take the Metromover - it is FREE in Miami and goes through quite a few places in the downtown area. There is a stop near the Conrad and another near Bayside Marketplace. You can find more info about the Metromover here:

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/mover.asp

My review of the Conrad is in post #28 of this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1291245&page=2

Just came back from our Allure cruise and we also stayed at the Conrad three nights. We used the Metromover to get to Bayside. We really liked the hotel, but won't recommend having breakfast there unless is included in your rate ($120 breakfast for four). Had a better and cheaper breakfast at "La Provance" an artisanal french bakery in 1064 Brickell Ave. You can also walk to the "Mary Brickell Village" restaurants. We had a great dinner at Rosa Mexicano and a better lunch at Perricone's.

I've read some posts where folks are waiting for a good deal to come up with lower rates for February stays than they are currently seeing now...bear in mind February is the highest of all high seasons in Miami with a lot of big events going on all that month and into the next. Just wanted to give you a heads up for those still anticipating finding a bargain in Miami in February.

You're probably right! If no 'bargains' appear I will simply be forced to bid on 3.5 or 3 star airport area and that should be fine! (after all we are only arriving at 7 pm and leaving at 11 am the next morning!) :D I presume I can get something for under $100!

Helo Jerseygirl, booked the IC 12/12/10, for the under

$100 dollar rate. Beautiful hotel, great location.

Am trying to book the IC again 2/4/5/11, but the price

is $171, and I need two nights. I was wondering if you knew

of any other hotels in the area for under $125. possibly??

I don't really have any specific recommendations for breakfast, but I do know the Latin American Cafe at Bayside Market opens at 7 a.m. You can eat breakfast waterside since it's Bayside is a marina.

Glad to all who got the IC for that rate! You're going to love this hotel. And for anybody interested in spa treatments, their spa is fabulous.

Jo-Ann

Helo Jerseygirl, booked the IC 12/12/10, for the under

$100 dollar rate. Beautiful hotel, great location.

Am trying to book the IC again 2/4/5/11, but the price

is $171, and I need two nights. I was wondering if you knew

of any other hotels in the area for under $125. possibly??

You are on the front end of some prime time there!

That price is still UNDER what you will get from the hotel.

Budget into your vacation expense......I am sorry to be so terse, but that is the facts.

Otherwise try price line and see what you can get..... and only the LORD knows where!

Hope you find something that fits your budget and hopes...as that is ALWAYS what I hope for ... If not... oh well....:)

Enjoy your cruise! It will be worth it all!:D

Yes I realize I am probably daydreaming about getting

the same price in Feb. as I got in Dec.

You are on the front end of some prime time there!

That price is still UNDER what you will get from the hotel.

Budget into your vacation expense......I am sorry to be so terse, but that is the facts.

Otherwise try price line and see what you can get..... and only the LORD knows where!

Hope you find something that fits your budget and hopes...as that is ALWAYS what I hope for ... If not... oh well....:)

Enjoy your cruise! It will be worth it all!:D

• 10 months later...
There's an easy way to figure out exactly what you're getting on LMT. They have a sister site, Tourico Holidays, which lists the hotels with the same descriptions and ID numbers. You have to be a travel agent to use Tourico from the initial page, so use this one: http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=2155&provider=localTgsProvider

Where the above link says hotelId=2155 is where you look in Last Minute Travel's URL (run your cursor over it to see the URL come up on your screen) for the number of the hotel you want to find out about. Cut & paste (or remember) the ID number and put it in the above tourico link (replacing the existing number) and voila! You can find out what the hotel is.

Thanks for the AMAZING tip! :D

There's an easy way to figure out exactly what you're getting on LMT. They have a sister site, Tourico Holidays, which lists the hotels with the same descriptions and ID numbers. You have to be a travel agent to use Tourico from the initial page, so use this one: http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=2155&provider=localTgsProvider

Where the above link says hotelId=2155 is where you look in Last Minute Travel's URL (run your cursor over it to see the URL come up on your screen) for the number of the hotel you want to find out about. Cut & paste (or remember) the ID number and put it in the above tourico link (replacing the existing number) and voila! You can find out what the hotel is.

Thank you, thank you , thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will enjoy this hotel, nice location.

I was there last December.

Cost me about $100 p/n. Just do not

eat breakfast there. It was something

like $29.00 p/p.

There are plenty of places around there

to get a bite.

I believe their hotel ID is # 9317..

Thank you so much, this is an absolutely AWESOME tip. I just booked the Intercontinental for our 12/17 departure for $111 Woohoo!!!

Thank you VERY much!!!!:)

Archived