Jobson's Cove

MarieF4861

Still trying to find a non-crowded, beautiful Bermuda beach not too far from the dockyard. Leaving Thursday. Has anyone been to Jobson's Cove? Calm water? Pink sand? Restrooms? Thanks.

There are restrooms at Warwick Long Bay which is a short distance from Jobson's Cove. Of course these restrooms are not like the modern ones at Horseshoe Bay. The water is very calm, almost like a pool. You would access Jobson's Cove from the Warwick Long Bay entrance. Then walk towards the right.

There are restrooms at Warwick Long Bay which is a short distance from Jobson's Cove. Of course these restrooms are not like the modern ones at Horseshoe Bay. The water is very calm, almost like a pool. You would access Jobson's Cove from the Warwick Long Bay entrance. Then walk towards the right.

Like many beaches in Bermuda, Jobson's Cove can be rough with strong currents during rough seas. Because it is sort of a grotto, the current can also be stong on the outgoing tide

Like many beaches in Bermuda, Jobson's Cove can be rough with strong currents during rough seas. Because it is sort of a grotto, the current can also be stong on the outgoing tide

Since its surrounded by large rocks there are no waves at all. I wouldn't describe it as rough at all. It's like a pool.

2549545517_e8ce93e805.jpg.481f15be7a77cc747cc11dbf0af14be6.jpg

I know what you mean. There were times at Tobacco Bay, which is also "sheltered", that I felt like I was going to be dragged right out into the open ocean because the the outgoing tide was so strong.:eek:

Just went to Jobson's Cove 2 Sundays ago. We did not stay at all because it was very crowded with little kids and families. It did not even look pretty because of all the people there - not what I remember the last time I was there. Instead we stayed at Warwick Long Bay, which is a minutes walk from there. Plenty of room and a beautiful beach. Later, we did the walk to Horshoe Bay. Right in between Horshoe and I think, Chaplin Bay, is another little grotto. BEAUTIFUL! We went there again 2 days later and it was a little more rough, but still gorgeous! Enjoy.

Archived