A Definitive guide to the Deluxe Owners Suites aboard the Epic

We stayed in 17004 for our honeymoon and it was amazing. This is a forward facing DOS with a balcony on the side (17007 is opposite but the same layout). The bedroom and master bathroom had forward wall to ceiling windows. It was the most beautiful room we've ever stayed in. I did a lot of research prior to picking which DOS, and chose this one based on the balcony privacy and the quietness of the suite. The other suites have much larger balconies, and I believe a bit more square footage, but they are not private, as they face the pool deck, so they can also be very loud.

It really comes down to preference. If you want to be near the party at all times, go for one facing the pool deck. If you want a quiet, private balcony, go for one of the forward suites. For the record, the balcony in the forward suite was not small by any means; we had 2 chairs, 2 loungers, and a small table and still plenty of room to move around.

Wife and I stayed in 17007 back in March for our honeymoon. I will second everything in the above quoted post. Large, quiet, & secluded. Loved loved loved it! So much so that we booked the same room for a longer cruise in December. (Only 166 days to go!)

We only took advantage of in suite dining once, for breakfast our second to last morning. Won't be making that mistake again! Will be having breakfast in suite at least three or four mornings.

We're also bringing a couple of friends, but we figured the room was big enough that we all won't be in each other's way. Guess we'll find out!

• 1 month later...
So this suite has a balcony facing both the pool and the side of ship?

The balcony really only faces the pool area. But since it goes to the end of Haven area, you can still see the ocean. There was about a two foot area on the rail that faced the side, but there was a white iron access ladder right there as well. If you are sitting in a chair or lounger, you are facing the pool and deck areas. We loved that, since we prefer to people watch over stare at the water, but if you are looking for quiet and privacy, this balcony does not provide that.

Thank you for the information. I am going in deluxe owners suite 17007 in one month and i cant wait

You will love 17007, We did the Western Mediterranean in 17004 fall of 2015 and loved it. The best suite we have been in thus far but also do enjoy the owner's suites with two balconies on the pearl, Jewel and Jade.

• 6 months later...
After reading the descriptions of the DOS (Epic) I am wondering what the view is from the living/dining area in 17004. We have that booked for a TA.

https://**********/a/IiSqC

Here’s a few pics of 17007. Same floor plan, mirror image. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Okay, apparently you can’t link to pic hosting sites, lol.

If you open the curtains fully, you can see the ocean past the balcony. You are going to love the cabin. It’s spectacular. We just booked our third cruise on the Epic, and we’ve been in 17007 for the first two, and will be again on our next.

After posting the question about the view from the living area in 17004/17007 I viewed a video that seems to show the open balcony facing the port side, rather than a forward view (starboard in 17007). Looks like upon entering the room we'll face the port side of the ship, with the bedroom and master bath facing forward. Thank you Ironworker. We have over a year to wait (15 day transatlantic April of '19), but can't stop doing my research about the ship and the ports.

For me, that's half the fun of the cruise. So excited about our first cruise on the Epic!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info and updating this thread. Heading out Nov 24th 2018 for 11 day W Carib cruise. Staying in 17033. We also thought about the noise factor vs people watching and ended up making the decision we did. We are hoping the Concierge, Butler and Dining Mgr are all in good spirits and enjoying there assignments. It really is critical these folks are hitting the mark. Its been our experience they help make the difference between a good cruise or a great and memorable cruise.

I'm sure it'll be so much fun and relaxing.

Thanks for sharing all your information and may we all have a blast wherever we are going!!

Can I ask, there is DOS available on my cruise, currently booked 2Br suite with my brother. Is 17035 any good for us? On the plan it looks smaller and the balcony it so big as the corner ones? Is that true? Does the main bedroom split into a twins? Or would he have to sleep in the lounge?

Thanks heaps

Hi Chris

I used the windows for the same reason :-) (Please note all the rabid anti smokers I do not want any comments about this) Yes you do need to close the sliding doors to the balcony and it works well. I have pics but it's a pain to resize them to upload on CC so if you want any I'm happy to email.[/quote

Never mind

Edited by purpleally
Old thread

Can I ask, there is DOS available on my cruise, currently booked 2Br suite with my brother. Is 17035 any good for us? On the plan it looks smaller and the balcony it so big as the corner ones? Is that true? Does the main bedroom split into a twins? Or would he have to sleep in the lounge?

Thanks heaps

Bed does not split. Is it just you and your brother? My sister and I shared the king size bed and really we didn't even know the other one was there... so huge.

If the two of you were sharing the two bedroom please know there is quite a disparity between the two spaces. If he took the smaller bedroom I certainly hope he's paying less a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bed does not split. Is it just you and your brother? My sister and I shared the king size bed and really we didn't even know the other one was there... so huge.

If the two of you were sharing the two bedroom please know there is quite a disparity between the two spaces. If he took the smaller bedroom I certainly hope he's paying less a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. I wasn’t sure if the bed split or not.

This is all expenses paid trip from his big bro, inc his buriness class flights. So he’s happy being on holiday.