A little cabin category help, please

PrincessE

Hi all -

So my husband and I and my parents are booked on the Grand Princess, January 31, 2011 sailing.

I was notified via email today from Princess that there is another Past Passenger promotion. We were in a Category BD, Baja deck, Cabin B238 and my parents were close by (I am forgetting their cabin number).

To save some $$$, we went down three cat's to a BF, Emerald deck, Cabin E204 (I think my folks are E203).

Does anyone know anything about these cabins? I'm reading that they aren't good for sunbathing. That they don't offer privacy, etc. Some say they are fantastic cabins.

Also, does anyone know if Category BD, Baja has covered balconies? I love the internet, but there are so many different opinions!

Thanks for your help!!

Hi all -

So my husband and I and my parents are booked on the Grand Princess, January 31, 2011 sailing.

I was notified via email today from Princess that there is another Past Passenger promotion. We were in a Category BD, Baja deck, Cabin B238 and my parents were close by (I am forgetting their cabin number).

To save some $$$, we went down three cat's to a BF, Emerald deck, Cabin E204 (I think my folks are E203).

Does anyone know anything about these cabins? I'm reading that they aren't good for sunbathing. That they don't offer privacy, etc. Some say they are fantastic cabins.

Also, does anyone know if Category BD, Baja has covered balconies? I love the internet, but there are so many different opinions!

Thanks for your help!!

They are unique to only 2 or 3 of the first Grand Class ships.

The Promanade deck wraps around the front of them so there is foot traffic in front of your balcony.

We like them. There is a picture or 2 of them floating (pun intended) around CC.

Thanks for the link and messages everyone. I appreciate it. After a few phone calls between my hubby and my mom we're moving back to Category BD, Baja.

I loved the idea of being closer to the Promenade, however my hubby is not very modest, if you know what I mean :o and my mom loves to sit out in the sun. So back to Baja we go.

Does anyone know if those cabins are covered or are they exposed? From what I hear they do not have a covering over them. We're in B238 and B235.

Hi all -

Thanks for your help!!

Hi,

204 is portside, 203 starboard so they are NOT next to each other. These are balcony cabins far forward on Emerald Deck (4 each side) with 202/1 abutting the stairs to the lower level of the Promenade Deck forward.

You are correct when you say they are not good for getting any sun, as they are located forward tucked in under the Dolphin deck minis that protrude out the furtest on each side of the vessel.

For BLS,

Not necessarily so, when we were leaving Sydney and Auckland, the forward Promenade deck was open until we were well out to sea and was only closed (sometimes) in inclement weather and sea conditions. We did the Walk for the Cure around the bow in a belting rain storm and strong winds after Lahaina.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived