What is the pizza like on board?

WillW

We loved the pizzerias on the old Sun Class ships. (Ocean, Dawn, Sun and Sea) They were actual sit down restaurants that served individual whole pizzas and a few pasta dishes. My husband would insist that we eat there as soon as we boarded. It was seldom full and I think it's because people thought it was an extra charge restaurant. Are any of them left?

Yes, all those ships still have the pizzeria (although I don't know if P&O's Oceana's is still a pizzeria, but the venue is there).

DH is a gourmet chef. He thinks that Princess makes the best pizza of all the cruiselines we've been on.

The sandwiches from room service are also very good.

Don't ask about the "veggie burger", the worst he's ever eaten. HAL makes the best veggie burger.

Will they make you your own pie, like on Carnival?

Yes, but it's room service only and there is a $3.00 charge.

Great pizza, my DH has at least 2 slices every day where we're on a cruise:)

If you're lucky enough to be on one of the Sun-class ships, they make the pizzas to order. Don't remember though if you can request your own toppings. Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

We thought the pizza was better on the Ruby than Sapphire. Wish on the Ruby you could get pizza late in the evening, wanted a piece to have with MUTS. Fine Dining dinner or Pizza? Must have both at least twice a day!

Can't wait for our next cruise.

On the Diamond if you let them know a day in advance they wil make your favourite pizza for you....It is delicious very yummy.:)

Had a slice on Pacific and it was not so good ,maybe because I picked the anchovy one and didnot realize that they are very salty.

Pizza is good on Princess as a whole especially on the Diamond.

From Northern NJ, live in Manhattan. Am a huge fan of NY pizza.

Love

Love

Love

Love

LOVE the pizza on the Caribbean Princess!! Some of the best I've had. And I've had a LOT of good pizza.

We loved the pizzerias on the old Sun Class ships. (Ocean, Dawn, Sun and Sea) They were actual sit down restaurants that served individual whole pizzas and a few pasta dishes. My husband would insist that we eat there as soon as we boarded. It was seldom full and I think it's because people thought it was an extra charge restaurant. Are any of them left?

The Dawn, Sea and Sun are all still in service. We will be on the Sea in a few weeks.

On the Diamond if you let them know a day in advance they wil make your favourite pizza for you....It is delicious very yummy.:)

Had a slice on Pacific and it was not so good ,maybe because I picked the anchovy one and didnot realize that they are very salty.

Pizza is good on Princess as a whole especially on the Diamond.

Don't blame the poor anchovies. The pizza on the Pacific is not the same as on other Princess ships I've traveled on. It doesn't look the same, surely doesn't taste the same, and it's more like something you'd find in a supermarket freezer. I wonder if there's a real pizza oven on board.

The pizza is terrific on Princess, reminds us of what we've had in NYC. It definitely needs a fold if it's fresh from the oven, and that's also when it tastes best. The turnover is usually good enough that the pizza is tasty, the only time we haven't enjoyed it is when it had clearly been sitting out and was dried out.

Far superior to anything we've had on other cruiselines.

I had pizza from the Star Princess and Sapphire Princess. The former was the best pizza I had so far. I have also been on the Carnival Spirit and the HAL Westerdam, also. When the pizza comes out hot, it reminds me of the wood-fired pizza in Rome, very thin-crusted and not much topping, but the flavors come through. Even better, when it has been sitting around for over an hour, the crust becomes crispier, but the flavors are only slightly muted, very tasty. My wife and I were on the Star Princess for a 30 day cruise and we ate alot of pizzas; my favorite was Mexican pizza (yes, chorizo, salsa, and jalapenos).

I had pizza from the Star Princess and Sapphire Princess. The former was the best pizza I had so far. I have also been on the Carnival Spirit and the HAL Westerdam, also. When the pizza comes out hot, it reminds me of the wood-fired pizza in Rome, very thin-crusted and not much topping, but the flavors come through. Even better, when it has been sitting around for over an hour, the crust becomes crispier, but the flavors are only slightly muted, very tasty. My wife and I were on the Star Princess for a 30 day cruise and we ate alot of pizzas; my favorite was Mexican pizza (yes, chorizo, salsa, and jalapenos).

Hold the chorizo and add some pineapple with the salsa and jalapenos.......it sounds good. :) Thanks......now I'm hungry.

Just off the Golden and had the pizza at least once a day. Great crust, loved the pizzas of the day, especially the "Golden", Parma ham, Brie, garlic, and olive oil. My son enjoyed it so much that on the second day, we met up with him about three in the afternoon and he was raving about it...he had eaten four slices by that time--that day!

Archived