Sapphire Princess-Caribe Deck Question

Iteach 38

Are the balconies on the Caribe deck on the Sapphire the same size as on the Crown? We are taking a 7 day Mexico cruise and wonder if it is worth the extra $500 for a mini if the balconies are larger. Thank you.:)

Are the balconies on the Caribe deck on the Sapphire the same size as on the Crown? We are taking a 7 day Mexico cruise and wonder if it is worth the extra $500 for a mini if the balconies are larger. Thank you.:)

Caribe deck balconies on all Grand Class ships are bigger than the D deck minis, and I think on Sapphire and Diamond they are a little bigger than all the others; and of course they are half covered as well.

Caribe deck balconies on all Grand Class ships are bigger than the D deck minis, and I think on Sapphire and Diamond they are a little bigger than all the others; and of course they are half covered as well.
I wasn't aware that the Caribe deck cabins are bigger on the Sapphire/Diamond. How much bigger?

We were on the Sapphire last month in C524 and our balcony was the same depth as it was wide (which of course is the width of the cabin), maybe 9x9 but I didn't measure it. There are 2 chairs, 2 loungers w/o footrests and a table. The minis below us had the same size balcony with the same furniture but unlike our balcony which was half covered, theirs were fully exposed. We usually get a balcony cabin on the C deck because of the extra chairs and size but on our Alaska cruise, it was kinda pointless due to the cold weather.

We were on the Sapphire last month in C524 and our balcony was the same depth as it was wide (which of course is the width of the cabin), maybe 9x9 but I didn't measure it. There are 2 chairs, 2 loungers w/o footrests and a table. The minis below us had the same size balcony with the same furniture but unlike our balcony which was half covered, theirs were fully exposed.

I wasn't aware that the Caribe deck cabins are bigger on the Sapphire/Diamond. How much bigger?

I could be proved totally wrong but I believe that Dolphin balconies are only 7-7.5 ft. deep. If you check the balcony dividers you will notice the difference.

As regards balcony size, again I might be wrong but these 2 ships are approximately 5 ft wider than the rest of the Grand class, probably Japanese tape measures are different, as a result I think balconies and corridors on the widest decks gain a little.

Archived