Cape Canaveral Restaurants

neptune18

Fishlips and Rusty's are near each other in the port - along with Grills and Millikan Reef. Florida Seafood is several miles away.

There are several rest' on the south side of the port along the way from the cruise ship piers to the port entr.

In the port the western most rest' is the newest one, Millikan's Reef I believe is the name. It is large, with lots of outside bar and deck and several dining room. Been around for a year or so now. Here you'll actually have a chance of seeing a ship leave the pier and head down the channel....they'll pass here first.

The eastern most rest' is Grills. There is a large deck area and many like it. I eat there a lot, there's entertainment on the weekends etc etc. BUT, between Millikan and Grills are Rusty's and Fishlips and all offer the same type entertainment on the weekends .. I believe Fishlips has outside pool tables on the deck.... all have similar menus. Gills is doing well enuf to have opened a second location in the past several weeks on US1 just north of the Pineda Cswy in the Melbourne/Suntree area.

Which is better? Usually if the wait at one is too long we head to the next! IMHO...very similar.....but locals do have their fav' (and so far as I know Grills is the only one to offer breakfast) I'll admit we've eaten at Grills more than the others....cuz spousal unit likes the bacon wrapped scallop appetizer and has that and conch fritters as lunch after church on Sunday.

p.s. GOOGLE will turn up menu for each as I recall . . .

I'm looking at Fishlips, Rusty's or Fla. Seafood. Anyone have experience with any of these?

Rusty's - We've had great times and delicious food at Rusty's but be forewarned, it's extremely busy most nights and when the live music starts, needless to say, it's loud.

Fishlips - We ate there in October. Very good food. The downstairs was quiet, but there were a lot of action upstairs. Dh and I had a nice meal sitting at a waterfront table. The funny thing was we had intended to eat at Rusty's, but the wait was over an an hour, and I was so hungry. So, we walked down to Fishlips. From the outside, it appeared closed but we tried the door anyway. Surprise! It was open for business. We'll definitely go back.

Archived