Getting from Copenhagen to Aero Island

We'll be in Denmark for several days before our cruise. We'd like to over to Aero Island for 2 nights. Figured we'd take the train stopping at Odense and Roskilde. Since we'll be there during the music festival next year, I'm wondering if we should avoid Roskilde (miss the viking museum). Also, anyone have thoughts on other possible places to stop when going from Copenhagen to Aero?

The best way to do this is like this.

08:00 Departure Copenhagen Central with intercity train

09:16 Arrival Nyborg

09:26 Departure with bus number 910

10:13 Arrival Svenborg

10:30 Departure with ferry to Ærøskøbing on Ærø.

11:45 Arrival Ærø.

The only different about Roskilde during the festival is that there are more activity on the streets during the festival, but its not that more crowded.

I priced the Copenhagen to Nyborg trip and see 228,- each way. Price does not seem to change if I look at the same trip for Sept 2010. So I gather there's no benefit to buying early? Also, http://www.rejseplanen.dk/ seems to give info in English until you click on 'Buy ticket'. Is there an English site by any chance?

Again, thanks!

If you try to contact the national danish railway on salginfo@dsb.dk or kundehenv@dsb.dk they will send you a pdf file that descripes the process of booking online.

If you book a regular ticket you can just get off at Roskilde and take another train the same day but if you get the cheap Orange tickets you have to take the trip without any stops.

But when i think about it its not a good deal with the orange ticket because it will not cover the bus to Svenborg or the ferry to Ærø.

Wow. Seems trains are pretty pricey (compared to similar travel in Holland for example). Using the Rejseplan website, it looks like Copenhagen to Svendborg (2:15 via Odense, one-way) is 298DKK (today: US$51). I see that I can get a Eurail pass for $85 (allows 3 days of travel in a month). Seems that would be cheaper. How do I find pricing on these orange tickets you mentioned? Thanks!

Sorry for all the questions. I wish there were more info on Danish trains, outside of S-tog. I see the link about DSB Orange now when I pull up pricing, however, that's a bad link and take me to "Den ønskede side findes ikke... ".

Archived