Getting to Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Terminal

traveler1980

We will have a one year old with us and I'm trying to see if it is possible to leave the car seat at home or if we will need to take it with us. I have never been to Ft. Lauderdale and don't know where the airport is in relation to the cruise port terminal. I'm guessing we are going to have to use some type of transportation meaning we need to bring the car seat. Any suggestions?

We've only used a taxi in FLL but a lot of people here recommend SAS shuttle. Why don't you give them a call and see what they recommend. Their website is: http://www.ridesas.com/

If you'd be more comfortable using a car seat I think there are some folding ones designed for travel.

Have a great cruise!

Paula

Airport to cruise port is 1.2 miles. If you take a taxi or shuttle van, you will need a car seat. If you plan on taking an excursion in port that uses a car-type vehicle and not a full sized bus, then you will need a car seat.

We left from FLL last year and are leaving again this year. The car seat went with us last year -- my youngest was 5. I know I would feel anxious not using her booster seat -- but I live in a state where we have pretty tough car seat laws.

So in Florida -- its children 3 and Under must be in a child seat. Children 4 - 5 can use an adult seat belt.

Since your child is 1, they fall into the "Child 3 and Under" law.

Archived