Your Time Dining

rosieado

If we have 4 people in our party..but it is 2 couples..can we eat together some nights..but other nights get just a table for 2? Or will we have to eat as a group of 4 all of the time?

Did that make sense the way I asked it? I have been up way to long.

Yes. It's flexible. It's available anytime. So if you show up by yourselves and want to eat by yourselves, you ask for a table for 2. You show up with your friends, and want to eat with them, you ask for a table for 4. You show up with your friends and don't want to eat with them, you ask for a table for 2, and they ask for a table for 2.

Yes. It's flexible. It's available anytime. So if you show up by yourselves and want to eat by yourselves, you ask for a table for 2. You show up with your friends, and want to eat with them, you ask for a table for 4. You show up with your friends and don't want to eat with them, you ask for a table for 2, and they ask for a table for 2.

That is what I figured..I just wanted to make sure..thank you very much.

I just got back yesterday from a cruise on the Miracle, and it was my first time using the anytime dining on a Carnival ship. It was in one word, fantastic. We never had to wait for a table for four, and when we all didn't show up at the same time we still got a table for four, which we needed since I'm into a "tasting menu" if you will. Most days, we got the same table for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The first time we showed up for breakfast, they tried to sit us down at a table for multiple diners, which already had folks sitting there. I asked for a "personal" table instead, and they moved us without a problem and never tried to sit us with anyone else after that... I hope the woman that was sitting there with a child (I think) didn't take offense.

One suggestion I'd make is if you show up shortly before breakfast or lunch is slotted to end, order two of the items you may want more of, just in case.

I noticed someone mentioned the singing and dancing wait staff not performing in the your time section, and that wasn't true in our case. In fact, members of my "crew" got up and danced with the wait staff and depending on how the video clips turn out, I may post them on youtube. LOL

You may be confusing Open seating breakfast and Lunch with Your Time Dining.

At breakfast & lunch they will almost always (without asking) seat you at a large table because generally people have come in in groups of 2 or 3 and they try to fill the large tables before taking the orders.

If you ask for a private table they will seat you according to the number in your party.

At YTD, you need to tell them on the 1st night (generally they will remember after that) that you prefer a private table. After that if they don't ask, then ask for a private table.

Now as someone else said, some of the 2-top private tables are only 8" away from the next "private" table for 2. Not really private, and a bit uncomfortable if you or they aren't in a socializing mood.

I never thought about asking for a booth for 4 like a PP said. That would certainly take care of that situation.

We love YTD, and plan to use it on every cruise we book in the future. I've already changed my profile on Carnival.

You may be confusing Open seating breakfast and Lunch with Your Time Dining.

At breakfast & lunch they will almost always (without asking) seat you at a large table because generally people have come in in groups of 2 or 3 and they try to fill the large tables before taking the orders.

If you ask for a private table they will seat you according to the number in your party.

At YTD, you need to tell them on the 1st night (generally they will remember after that) that you prefer a private table. After that if they don't ask, then ask for a private table.

Now as someone else said, some of the 2-top private tables are only 8" away from the next "private" table for 2. Not really private, and a bit uncomfortable if you or they aren't in a socializing mood.

I never thought about asking for a booth for 4 like a PP said. That would certainly take care of that situation.

We love YTD, and plan to use it on every cruise we book in the future. I've already changed my profile on Carnival.

We had a private (not one of the inches apart) 2 tops the first night at from then on just told the hostess we wanted 'that same table of a similar one' and where accomidated no problem.

Another advantage to Anytime Dining....if you want, you can wear the same dress/outfit every night for dinner! I used to pack 7 different outfits for every night as we'd be sitting with the same people. I tried hard to tell myself I was never going to see them again so what did it matter....but couldn't. But with Anytime I don't have to impress anyone except my husband....and he's aware that I have other clothes at home. :)

Re sharing....every time we'd go up to the hostess she would ask if we wanted to be seated alone. We always said we'd take first available. Five nights out of seven we were seated alone; twice at a table for 6. I think Carnival thinks that most twosomes really want to be alone. If you really wanted to sit with others then instead of saying what we did you could specifically say you'd prefer NOT to be alone.

I just got back yesterday from a cruise on the Miracle, and it was my first time using the anytime dining on a Carnival ship. It was in one word, fantastic. We never had to wait for a table for four, and when we all didn't show up at the same time we still got a table for four, which we needed since I'm into a "tasting menu" if you will. Most days, we got the same table for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The first time we showed up for breakfast, they tried to sit us down at a table for multiple diners, which already had folks sitting there. I asked for a "personal" table instead, and they moved us without a problem and never tried to sit us with anyone else after that... I hope the woman that was sitting there with a child (I think) didn't take offense.

I noticed someone mentioned the singing and dancing wait staff not performing in the your time section, and that wasn't true in our case. In fact, members of my "crew" got up and danced with the wait staff and depending on how the video clips turn out, I may post them on youtube. LOL

Interesting that the ships vary on whether there is entertainment in the Anytime section. Wondering if Inspiration does? My child (7) loves to get up and sing/dance with them. Anyone know if Inspiration Anytime does or doesnt sing/dance? Leaving in 2 weeks. Thanks!

This will be our first cruise trying Anytime Dining... I think we will really enjoy it!!! Some of our cruises would be good, some bad and some ugly as for as our dining mates... Our last cruise we avoided the dining room because of our table mates... I wanted to change, but DH was afraid they would see us at another table... I told him who cares, I want to enjoy my meals... Love the idea of dining just the two of us...

Archived