Vancouver Hotels

MaryEllen1952

I would suggest bidding on a 4* hotel in the Downtown Vancouver area through Priceline...all are nice hotels in excellent locations (while the 3 * hotels are nice enough a couple of them are farther out in so, so neighborhoods).

Depending on your dates, prices may be as low as $65 to 70 ot as high as $90 to 100. You can also check hotwire....they are a little more expensive than Priceline, but not much....you would want the Vancouver, DT West area on Hotwire.

Good luck.

It sort of depends on your dates. When are you going? We booked our hotel for the end of June through Hotwire @$92 for the Sheraton Wall Centre...a 4*. We were very pleased with that because we couldn't get anything through Priceline for those dates.

I bid £40.00 (about $70) for a 4* in Downtown Vancouver at the end of August 05.

This was my first ever bid using priceline and I got the Hyatt Regency!

Absolutely thrilled. The hotel looks fabulous and very central. I will definately use Priceline again.

http://www.century-plaza.com/

This is where I have stayed on my last 2 visits to Vancouver and again in March. We stay in the 1 bedroom suite and it's about $85 a night Canadian (like $60 ish US). Awesome view through huge floor to ceiling balcony doors, inexpensive prices at hotel restaurant ($8 Canadian for an omelet!) and in Spa, also a pretty good location. Hotel does show some wear, but prices, view and spa are great!

Julie

The Day's Inn downtown is an older well maintained property located about 2 blocks from Canada Place - located more in the financial part of the downtown core but still only a couple of blocks from shopping, entertainment and restaurants. Will be quieter than the best western.

There are several best westerns downtown so i assume you mean the one on Drake street - new property at the upper end of the entertainment district - area is relatively safe but will be noisy if staying on a weekend as the bars are opened until 3AM and there are a dozens or so bars, clubs etc near the hotel.

Prices do start to rise as soon as the cruise ships start to arrive at the beginning of May but Vancouver is a tourist town all year long because of Whistler Mt for skiing etc.

Cheers

Dennis

The Day's Inn downtown is an older well maintained property located about 2 blocks from Canada Place - located more in the financial part of the downtown core but still only a couple of blocks from shopping, entertainment and restaurants. Will be quieter than the best western.

There are several best westerns downtown so i assume you mean the one on Drake street - new property at the upper end of the entertainment district - area is relatively safe but will be noisy if staying on a weekend as the bars are opened until 3AM and there are a dozens or so bars, clubs etc near the hotel.

Prices do start to rise as soon as the cruise ships start to arrive at the beginning of May but Vancouver is a tourist town all year long because of Whistler Mt for skiing etc.

Cheers

Dennis

We went last August and I got 2 rooms at the Hyatt for $70.00 each on Priceline. I told the other two families traveling with us about this deal, and they also got their rooms there for the same price. The Hyatt was nice and centrally located. Go with Priceline. You can walk all over from there.

I'd like to use Priceline for the first time in July We have one night in Vancouver post cruise. With three children do you have to request and pay for two rooms? Since it is only one night, I'd really prefer just one room, but Priceline says their rooms are for up to two adults. Do I have to go through the hotels directly then?

SunnyCal

Hi,

I had the same question a few months back and here's what we did, we are 2 adults/2 children as well. I bid for 1 room $60 for a 4 star in vancouver, they accepted the bid and we got the Hyatt. I called them once I had my priceline confirmation and requested two queen beds, explained to them I needed my girls in same room ( strange city to us and all) they were great, said no problem, and marked it next to our confirmation. Course I do not really know till we get there if we will indeed get the two queens but most hotels have more rooms with queens was what I was told. I know my husband and I used priceline recently for another trip, and we automatically got all three rooms ( three different cities with two queens).We are taking the chance in vancouver that they will give us the queens as they said they would. Most hotels wish to accomodate their guest when possible so they will return.

Have not ever had the kids with us in Vancouver...so I cannot give specifics, but I do know more people have trouble getting king rooms at the Hyatt in Vancouver than getting one with 2 bed (at least from the comments I have read on other sites)...I think you should be fine. If all else fails they can bring you a double rollaway for 2 kids for an extra $10 or 15...still cheaper than a second room.

From how Vancouver looks to me, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, no matter where you stay downtown, you're very close to the pier. :) So now the only consideration is where and price.

I'm going to assume most places downtown are fairly safe, so that now leaves price.

All that matters to me is I can sleep safe and sound and be on the ship the next day. :D

Yea, I've just had my bid accepted on Priceline for the Hyatt Regency: 5/19/05, paying $73 for the Hyatt Regency! I want to thank everyone for sharing their experience using Priceline-it gave me a base line amount to begin bidding.

I know others may not have ever used Priceline and may be hesistant to try: Here's what I did:

I've been checking rates for the date we'll be there and this weekend seems higher than even Thursday nights for Thursday nights after that date. The Marriott Pinacle isn't even available on Marriott's web site, so I pretty much knew I wouldn't be getting that one.

We were will to stay in a 3* but I've read that when you add areas, you might get a 3* further out. We really want to be close to the port/downtown. So I decided to start at $55 for Downtown-bid rejected. I then added Coquitiam - Burnaby for $60-bid rejected; then went to $65 and added Surrey-bid rejected; then went to $70 and added Langley-bid rejected; I then decided jumping $5 each time was getting expensive so I bid $73 and added Delta...BINGO!

I then went on hotels.com and used the feature finding a hotel near a landmark. I put in Canada Place Pier and the Hyatt Regency is only .37 mile away...I'm Happy!

Hopefully by giving the particulars of my success on Priceline will help someone else! Oh yes, I also went to biddingfortravel.com to learn more about how to go about bidding. They also list what others have paid...a great site!

Have a great day everyone!!

Sharon

We have been trying Priceline for the past month for our pre-cruise stay the second week in July but we kept getting frustrated. We kept changing area's & adding more $$$$ but was not successful. We happily booked this morning through HotWire, put in a request for all downtown area's and wound up getting the 4* Hyatt Regency Downtown for $99.00 per night. We are very satisfied with this price because it is peak season in July & our AAA listing shows it at $299.00 per night (although AAA lists it as a 3*). Thanks to everyone for your help & information.

I will be needing a hotel in Vancouver thurs and Fri nights in July,but I need it close to the Radiance. I have heard it is at a different dock. Any thoughts on this? AND we are still trying to decide whether to rent a car and do a little out of town or stay in the city. Thanks for your help!

at ballantyne pier about 2 miles from Canada Place in the heart of the industrial part of the port - there are no hotels near this dock - you should be able pick up a rental car there or at least get shuttled to a downtown office.

Given how crowded it can be at Canada Place when there are three ships berthed there - Ballantyne is actually a lot easier to disembark from.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived