Grand Turk Governors Beach question

cruisin on the Pride

Has anyone done the Grand Turk Governor's Beach tour? It says you get your own way back to the boat. I'm just wondering --- are there cabs or buses and how often do they return? Did you like this excursion. I want to go snorkeling for the first time and want something easy, plus we want to see some of the island and this will provide a short tour... Comments? THANKS!

SCUBA Mark is right you can walk right to that beach...we paid 30.00/pp we were 4 of us on Costa a few years back for a 2 minutes bus ride :(

The beach is very nice and you can snorkel if you want.

Great beach...you will have so much fun. They rent kayaks and some other water stuff. You can walk there...BUT...you can also rent (cheap...maybe $25..don't remember exactly) a golf cart when you get off the boat. There are a number of golf cart that a local business rents out. Then you can tour the island on your own. We would do this again......we had so much fun. The only down side was that we were a bit nervous about some stray dogs we saw on some of the back street..so we made sure we just drove quickly past them.

• 2 weeks later...
How many can fit on a golf cart?

Up to 4. Nathan charges $80

If you only have 2 - several have reported him only charging $60-65.

There are several threads in this forum about the carts - they include his contact info.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, we stopped while touring on our Golf Cart. The beach boy wanted $30 for 3 chairs but I counter offered $20, which he took. The chairs had just been vacated by other cruise ship passengers, so he didn't even have to lift or relocate them. Don't hesitate to haggle. Average chair rental is from $5 to $10 depending on which island.

Yes, many people where snorkeling from the beach. They rent equipment also.

So, we get off of the ship. Walk towards the beach. Take a left. Pass Margaritaville, pass Jack's Shack, and then we will see Governor's Beach?

I want to make sure I have it correct. We want a quiet beach, not many crowds, and we want to be able to rent loungers and an umbrella.

We had planned to go to Jack's Shack. But I am now wondering if we should continue walking and try this beach.

I was just at Govenor Beach on Friday. They are doing some construction on the beach so I think you need to walk off the beach a bit to get around the construction. I just took a cab which was $3 pp each way. The cabs work on zone system so you pretty much now the rate based on what zone your are going to.

The water was amazing. I was there for over 3 hrs and must have been out of the water 15 minutes tops. The snorkeling is OK, just not a lot of reef but it looks like they are trying to great a artificial reef. But you can't go wrong. And please, don't get ripped off by the boat. Walk or cab it, and you will have one of the best beach days of your life.

Archived