New shore excurions

MAMATAMA

hAVE BEEN ON SEVERAL CRUISES TO BERMUDA, LOOKING FOR A NEW AND DIFFERENT SHORE EXCURSION TO TRY. WE HAVE SNORKELED AT ALL OF THE OFFERED SPOT S AND HAVE TOURED THE ISLAND. we HAVE DONE THE CAVES ON OUR OWN. NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN THE DOLPHINS... HEARD THAT THE UNDERWATER HELMET DIVE GETS VERY CLOUDY AND YOU CAN'T SEE...

hAS ANY ONE DONE THE NIGHT GLASS BOTTOM BOAT RIDE? AND HOW WAS IT?

I've done the night time glass bottom boat with a friend of mine who was visiting at the time. I enjoyed it - you go far out enough so that you get to see loads of stars (and a few satellites whizzing by!) because there's no light pollution. They have lots of free Swizzle on offer (can't say if it's good or not, I don't drink!) and when I went, I was able to see the fish feeding on the reef (creepy when you see this big snapper just gobble up this little grunt!). On the way out to the site (if I recall correctly, it was just off Daniel's Head, near the Vixen) the captain of the boat told a few stories and I learned a few things I didn't know before.

Even though I've lived here all my life, I still enjoyed the trip. I thought seeing the reef from a different perspective was really neat.

By the way, I've done the helmet dive, twice, both times with with Hartleys, and never had an issue with cloudiness. If your mask does fog up, Greg is there in an instant with a squirt bottle to clear the glass. It was absolutely amazing and definitely something which is very different. The amount of interaction you get with the fish was fantastic. I can't think of any other tour where you get to hold a large grey snapper in your hands.

I would also encourage you to do the Helmet Dive. We had a terrific time with Hartley's, and there was no issue with cloudy waters. As a matter of fact, your post is the first time I have ever heard it was sometimes a problem.

It's a unique experience!

hAVE BEEN ON SEVERAL CRUISES TO BERMUDA, LOOKING FOR A NEW AND DIFFERENT SHORE EXCURSION TO TRY. WE HAVE SNORKELED AT ALL OF THE OFFERED SPOT S AND HAVE TOURED THE ISLAND. we HAVE DONE THE CAVES ON OUR OWN. NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN THE DOLPHINS... HEARD THAT THE UNDERWATER HELMET DIVE GETS VERY CLOUDY AND YOU CAN'T SEE...

hAS ANY ONE DONE THE NIGHT GLASS BOTTOM BOAT RIDE? AND HOW WAS IT?

i HAVE DONE THE NIGHT GLASS BOTTOM BOAT TRIP. iT IS JUST LIKE THE DAYTIME TRIP BECAUSE IT GOES TO THE SAME PLACE, ONLY DIFFERENCE IS YOU SEE LESS BECAUSE IT'S DARK AND MOST OF THE FISH ARE GONE HOME. tHE VIXEN IS WHERE THEY GO (tHE TRIP,NOT THE FISH). i'M STARTING TO GET HOARSE. hARTLEY'S uNSERSEA aDVENTURE IS PRETTY DARN GOOD AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO GLASS BOTTOM BOATS IN THE AREA. iF YOU HAVE DONE ALL THE CRUISE EXCURSIONS YOU SHOULD GOOGLE WHAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AND ADD "BERMUDA" TO YOUR QUERY. ie QUIET PARK BERMUDA

i HAVE DONE THE NIGHT GLASS BOTTOM BOAT TRIP. iT IS JUST LIKE THE DAYTIME TRIP BECAUSE IT GOES TO THE SAME PLACE, ONLY DIFFERENCE IS YOU SEE LESS BECAUSE IT'S DARK AND MOST OF THE FISH ARE GONE HOME. tHE VIXEN IS WHERE THEY GO (tHE TRIP,NOT THE FISH). i'M STARTING TO GET HOARSE. hARTLEY'S uNSERSEA aDVENTURE IS PRETTY DARN GOOD AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO GLASS BOTTOM BOATS IN THE AREA. iF YOU HAVE DONE ALL THE CRUISE EXCURSIONS YOU SHOULD GOOGLE WHAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AND ADD "BERMUDA" TO YOUR QUERY. ie QUIET PARK BERMUDA

Rotflm*o!!!

The best tour is with Captain Tony of Aquatic Bermuda on his boat The Coral Reefer. He limits the passengers to 14, everyone has a great seat - The glass is the biggest on the island and the price is right! http://www.aquaticbermuda.com.

They have lots of photos and reviews on their website. He and his wife run the business which includes boat rentals. We have a visit every time we go (7th in August). Can't go wrong. He'll bring a cooler with ice and/or drinks if you like. I'm not sure he'll pick you up at the Dockyard but the ferry ride over to Hamilton is a treat in itself. He waits around the corner at the little park.

We have booked the Segway tour of Bermuda. We have taken two segway tours on vacations before (one at the San Diego Zoo Wild Animal Park, and one of Coronado) and just LOVED both of them so much that when we saw it offered in Bermuda we just had to book it! They are very fun and very, very quick & easy to learn. None in either tour we took had any problems what so ever.

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Archived