Where do you buy costume jewelry?

Thanks to a previous poster who gave kudos to lia sophia!

She's right about it not breaking or needing to cleaned or turning your skin colors. The best part is that if it does, it is guaranteed for life!! So you can send it back and get a brand new piece of jewelry if something happens to it.

I am not aware of any department store does that. (Plus, it is a great company to work for too!!)

I have a pretty rhinestone tennis bracelet that I love. I'd like to find a matching necklace. Something like this... ideas? I'd like to spend under $50. ;)

4100.jpg

try hsn they have "absolute" (cz) and alot of clearance you might be able to find something...also they have designers that have very "affordable" cz pieces...try the clearance jewelry and work from there...GOOD LUCK:)

I have a number of glass tear shaped things (not sure what they are called) that I wear around my neck and many times I have been asked if they were Murano Glass from Italy. I paid $1.00 each for them and people think they are the real thing. In the past I have answered no but from now on I am going keep them guessing.

I live in NJ, so my friends and I take one Saturday each year and head to NYC for jewelry shopping and lunch. We buy in the Wholesale District on 5th avenue. Some of the places require a retail license to make purchases, but some will sell to the public. I got a bag full of beautiful costume jewelry, cufflinks, and a pashmina for a total of $65, wrapped nicely and ready for packing. Enough jewelry for my cruise and for everyday wear for the year. We're going back in a couple weeks! :D

Was pleasantly surprised when I walked through Penney's and found a HUGE selection of beads/stones/etc - several "sets", too. I bought a silver tone/turquoise set of earrings and pendant that has rec'd rave reviews!!! I'm going back tomorrow to look again. I had not been in a JCP in years and now I'm addicted!

Chico's has some of the most interesting and long-lasting costume jewelry. I have some pieces I bought at Chico's back when they first opened and it still looks good. Because it often has an ethnic apsect to it, it doesn't seem to go out of date.

Coldwater Creek has some interesting things too, but their prices are pretty high. I always wait and pick up pieces I like there when (and IF) it goes on sale. Chico's prices are high too, but their quality is so good, it is worth the price.

I check out the jewelery at TJ Max found some cute pieces there, also once in a while Ross will have some nice things in. I do like vintage pieces , so I check antique fairs, yard sales etc.

Cori

I totally agree regarding Chico's. I get more compliments on their jewelry than just about anything else I wear!

Would also like to add Nordstrom Rack, the discounters for Nordstroms. At least the store near me (suburban Phila.) has a fabulous, incredibly reasonably priced--most stuff under $30-- jewelry department. I particularly like their earrings.

I don't care for costume jewelry that is pretending to be real (like cz or fake gold), so I buy mine at art fairs.

What in the world does CZ mean? :confused:

The whole point of wearing costume jewelry is to look beautiful without wasting money. My older sister had rhinestones put on her wedding dress (Mom made it for her). "Fake diamonds" was not what anybody thought when they saw that dress. They just thought it was pretty and 100% appropriate for the occasion. If you think rhinestones are cheap subsitutes for diamonds instead of "fake jewelry," you can appreciate their beauty a lot more. How many people have you seen proudly wear "fake gold" and admit it's not real, but never complain they wish it was the real thing?

What in the world does CZ mean? :confused:

The whole point of wearing costume jewelry is to look beautiful without wasting money. My older sister had rhinestones put on her wedding dress (Mom made it for her). "Fake diamonds" was not what anybody thought when they saw that dress. They just thought it was pretty and 100% appropriate for the occasion. If you think rhinestones are cheap subsitutes for diamonds instead of "fake jewelry," you can appreciate their beauty a lot more. How many people have you seen proudly wear "fake gold" and admit it's not real, but never complain they wish it was the real thing?

Cubic zirconia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubic_zirconia It's been around for years.

I have a ring that's not even CZ, probably glass. I purchased it years ago at a Braodway store (before Macys bought them out) for $4. I have worn that ring so many times and it has fooled even jewelers (at a distance). It just cracks me up that the ring has lasted this long and not turned my finger green and the "daimond" (glass ;)) had not fallen out onto my dinner plate on a cruise ship or at work.

I'll keep wearing it until it falls apart, it's a classic setting, solitaire, and a over a carat.

I bought some great costume jewelry at a NYC street fair...I think the necklaces were $2 each, and I get so many compliments!

You can get the best finds at street fairs I go for the food Arepas & lemonade yum!! and a chocolate/ nutella crepe for dessert I got sun dresses and the magic skirts and of course the pashmina shawls really cheap.

Wow very interesting. BTW not all costume jewellery turns your fingers green. I'm very interested in knowing what a magic skirt is. Sounds neat.

Moisanite is a man made diamond that even a diamond tester will test positive. I bet there are many people out there that have them and we all think they are wearing big diamonds.

• 2 weeks later...

and will add QVC too. Their rings are the only ones I take with me when cruising after losing a diamond ring on the beach 12 years ago!

I just ordered some earrings and necklaces from shop4sparkles.com - won't make that mistake again. Every earring and both necklaces had missing stones. 5 of the stones were in the box but 1 was missing entirely. All of it was not well made and although cute - not worth the price I paid.

I'll stick with Sam Moon!!