WiFi on Veendam

Deac1966

It really depends on the location of your cabin. Some areas of the ship -- the signals are great -- some areas -bad.

If you want to answer a lot of e-mails -- then you might consider taking your own Netbook where you can work off-line and then just copy and paste.

Being as the internet is slow you could eat up a lot of time just answerings e-mails -- which can become costly.

How strong is the WiFi signal? Does it reach into the staterooms - suites?

Should I bother to take my Netbook or just use the ship's computers?

Whether you will be able to use it in your cabin or not depends on how lucky you are getting near one of the hallway antennas. (white cone in pic)

I'd say definitely bring the netbook with some mail-handler program like Windows Live Mail installed in order to allow you to do your email reading and writing off line, and only spend connect time sending or downloading batches. Plus, with your own laptop, you'll find many places around the ship where you can use it, and not be stuck in the Explorations Cafe always ... possibly waiting for a ship's computer to become available.

Also, I use mine to back-up my pictures every night, "just in case".

If you have trouble getting a usable signal, try propping the door open a couple of inches and sitting just behind it. :)

Hi KK - posting together!

attachment.php?attachmentid=106854&d=1235329145

As OP said it depends how far you are from the device in the corridor.

I always bring my notebook to download pictures to it and for internet, on my last trip in Ocean Princess I had the WIFI device one cabin away and it was really fast

Archived