Regarding the thread titled "Royal Caribbean Cabin Information Compilation"

It is a great wealth of info, but questions are not welcomed on that thread, so I am asking one here.

I noticed from the pictures that the couch in some cabins on the Freedom class ships is by the balcony and others show the bed near the balcony.

Personally, I think having the couch by the balcony is a brilliant idea for relaxing inside and watching the seas go by.

What have been your experiences, oh great CC members?

We book JS's...so the sofa is near the balcony....we seldom, if ever, sit on the sofa! We prefer sitting on the balcony itself! I think it depends on the catagory of cabin, as to where the "sitting" area is....

We almost always have standard balcony cabins on RCL and I prefer the sofa (or loveseat) to be closer to the cabin door, not by the balcony. That way when you enter the cabin and you are in that narrow little hallway (bathroom on one side, closet on the other) the area with the vanity and sofa opens up the room. If the bed is closest to the bathroom and closet it just makes the room feel smaller, to me that is.

This is also the reason we try to always have a balcony cabin....it gives the illusion that the room is bigger.

Archived