Northern Lights Fishing-Ketchikan

Flintstone

We were going to book Misty Fiords Flightseeing..but DH has now decided that he would rather go fishing in Ketchikan instead :rolleyes:. Am considering Ken @ Northern Lights Fishing. Does anyone have any experience with this outfit and do they pick you up at the port?

I'm sooo excited to be "fishing" on my wedding anniversary!! (Insert sarcasm here!!)

Thanks for your help.

Deb

I'm sooo excited to be "fishing" on my wedding anniversary!! (Insert sarcasm here!!)

Deb

Northern guys try to not surprise women like that, so you see personal ads in the papers here that read:

"Wanted, woman interested in fishing and marriage. Must be a good cook and have own boat - please send picture of boat."

:)

Is my DH placing ads looking for my replacement :confused: :D

I'll go quietly with a book in hand...camera at the ready...in the slim chance that he gets "the big one"!! (And I don't mean me!!)

Revenge is mine when we get to Buchart Gardens in Victoria :p !

Deb

Deb, one year for our wedding anniversary my DH and I went went shark fishing with our 3 year old AND my mother in law and father in law...for the whole weekend!!! Cabin style with no privacy. All I can say is I was very pleasant and kept reminding myself of the 'brownie points' I was stacking up!! I was rewarded for my efforts too!! Every time he would tell someone he took me and our son and his parents on that trip they gave him grief and said I must be the World's Most Wonderful Understanding Wife!!

That was 9 years ago though and we're still going strong!!

Enjoy your 'special time' together!

Northern Lights is an excellent operator, my family has gone with them several times. But- my opinion only- I would split up- I do all the time. :) It's possible for you to book your flight around the same time perhaps?? It is too excellent to miss if you have the interest.

BQ....do you know if they pick you up at the ship or are they easily accessible from there? Since we're traveling alone this time...I don't think I would be comfortable splitting up. We are now discussing trying to do both...altho a slightly "expensive" day! If not...I'll just be content to collect my brownine points!!

Deb

My wife and I have used Captain Ken on two occassions and in each case he met us at the pier with a small whiteboard with our names on it. I highly recommend Northern Lights, as Ken seems to know where the fish are and he is willing to pursue diversions to keep the less die-hard fishermen happy. For example, when we have been out with him he has changed course to get closer to surfacing whales and used herring to attract bald eagles for photo opps. The only downside we had was that both times we went out we had to drop more money than we expected having our catch processed and shipped back to WNY.

Archived