Classes on cruise to Alaska

luv2scrapdeb

You'll sign up for them when you get on the ship. You'll find them advertised in the daily "Princess Patter" newsletter that gets delivered to your stateroom every night.

Some classes have a cost (e.g. ceramics painting where you pay for the item you're making). Most classes are free.

Some of the classes are interactive (e.g. dancing classes). Others are more demonstrations where you sit back and watch (e.g. the cooking demonstration).

DH and I have done some of the classes before and found them to be enjoyable. Others just don't interest us. Your best bet is to look through the Patter the night before and pick out some classes/demonstrations that sounds interesting and just show up the next day! Worst case, if you don't like it, you can leave early.

Some classes have a cost (e.g. ceramics painting where you pay for the item you're making). Most classes are free.

Photography and computer classes have a fee other than the introductory class in each which has the main purpose of selling you the other classes.

Dani24: We are in the bay area as well and took the S/F to S/F Alaska cruise in Aug of last year. I agree with caribill that the free intro photography course is mainly there to get you to take the others...which is not a bad thing really. Let's you know what to expect. I don't know your level of expertise with your camera of course but if I may offer some advise.

I had all the fancy SLR cameras when I was shooting weddings, (never do it), but I am enjoying the heck out of my Canon S5IS. I tell you this to let you know that a good midrange digital, with a small zoom will be perfect. I took 220 pictures on that cruise, and I wasn't holding back. I still cut it to 97 after I got home. I found that I was enjoying the cruise so much that I didn't need 40 shots of the glacier. I played with my camera and took 10. I suppose the point is to know your camera.

Sorry if I rambled on. Enjoy your cruise. We'll be taking a 14day out of Seattle next year if they still offer it. Goes further up.

David

Archived