The sanctuary - what is it

pkamison

I am thinking about Panama Canal - Can you tell me if there is The sanctuary on the Coral and/or Island and what it is.

Thankyou

Not on Coral/Island only some/most now? Grand class Ships. It is an area of the ship for adults only that you have a reserved deck lounger.

www.princess.com for information

I thought CC was find out Information easily. All of us could go to different website.

Thank you - trying to decide between using the sanctuary and having a balcony,,,

I will always vote balcony!!! But then I'm antisocial that way! We did the Panama Canal in 2008 (not on Princess, bad timing, we were on Westerdam/HAL) and we spent 90% of the cruise on our balcony with wine, camera & binoculars! On transit day, my husband was up at 4:30am (he went up on deck, to take photos of the harbor & bridge approach) then woke me with coffee and pastry as we neared the bridge, so I could go on the balcony to watch. During the day, we did go various places on the ship to get different views, but for the most part - we watched from the balcony. And it was FABULOUS. Well worth the cost to us.

We did a full transit on the Coral in April. The sanctuary is at the rear of the ship around the Spa pool, totally private as there is no thru traffic. It was worth every dollar as there are something like six sea days, and we could here the noise from the main pool regularly. For some reason the Sanctuary always seems to be near the Kids area, on the Coral it was on the deck below, on the Grand it was adjacent to both the kids and teens area,go figure.

Archived