Last One Out is a Rotten Egg

Lorabele

Well, I've seen tons of posts about people who have early flights and are concerned about making them, but my DH and I have the opposite situation. We're staying an extra night in FLL after we disembark.

So, experts, how late can we stay on the ship before they boot us off? Is there a "last call" or something that will trigger us that it's time to go? We want to stay on as long as possible......what can you tell us about that?

Thanks!

We are some of those people who like to hang out till the last call, also. Really cannot remember specifically what happens though. It is nice to get off and not have to search through 10 bazillion bags to find yours. Ah, that last meal on deck, sitting there enjoying the last fleeting vibes. :)

I don't know exactly how long you can stay but it isn't very long. You must be out of your room by 8:00 am. They only serve breakfast until 9:00 am. Your seapass card is turned off so no drinks (of any kind). What are you going to do?

We left the Explorer at about 9:00 am and it was already getting pretty empty. We found our luggage quickly without any problem.

Remember the next group starts boarding around 11:00....who wants to be around all those happy excited people anyway??? :eek:

Lori

We stayed on the AOS until around 10:00 a couple of years ago. Just sat up in the card room. We had a late flight and were in no hurry to leave. Our luggage was among just a few left on the conveyor. I'd say if you stayed too long, your luggage would be taken to a storage holding area and the officials would come looking for you. :rolleyes:

We were the very last passengers off the Vision on the Christmas cruise! Not intentionally, but as we stood in line to get off, my daughter started feeling sick to her stomach, (partied all night till it was time to leave!) and had to make a trip to the ladies room. Everyone else passed us & there I was standing by the exit with the few employees at the door, twiddling my thumbs, saying, "She'll be right out!" As she walked up, they said, "Sorry, it's too late, you can't get off. You'll have to go another week!" I said, "Oh,darn!" And we laughed and walked out. :( That was about 9 AM, I think; can't remember.) And I know the passengers waiting to embark were saying, "Get off the ship already!!"

We had late flights once and we just hung out relaxing on deck until they made the last call. I think it was around 10:00. We relaxed and read while my son did his homework that he procrastinated doing all week. It worked great, the lines were short and it was so easy to find our bags. Would definitely do it again with late flights.

Archived