Eurodam Class Cabins near main elevator ?'s

uromac

Hi!

Just a few quick questions regarding cabins adjacent to outside mid-ship elevators on Eurodam class ships, as we are planning a surprise cruise trip for my parents' anniversary present.

Is there much noise both inside and outside the cabin from the elevators? How is the cabin and balcony size compared to other cabins? Are the views obstructed from the balcony due to the elevators and can others see you from the elevator or visa versa from the balcony? Is it better to be a few cabins down and what deck would you recommend for easy mobility? Finally, Best side for a Western Caribbean cruise?

Thanks in advance for helping us surprise our parents with a great cruise ;) !

Melisssa

Hi Again!

BTW, I forgot to mention that we are looking at cabin V8079 on the Nieuw Amsterdam - which I believe is similar to the same cabin number on the Eurodam - any thoughts or any better cabins to look at if they are available?

Thanks again!

Melissa :)

Usually cruise on HAL with a friend who prefers to be near the midship elevators so always book a veranda cabin nearby. Have never had any problem with noise either from the elevators themselves, or from people getting on and off. It does cut down on the amount of walking, if that is an issue.

We normally book 8074 on the Eurodam. We are booked in the same on the Nieuw Amsterdam next year. 8066 on the Vista ships.

It has become a favorite over the years. I think your parents will be pleasantly surprised with this cabin.

The mid ship location can't be beat, it is ideal for going forward or aft on the ship with plenty of elevators to serve you.

Forgot to mention -- yes the view is partially blocked by the elevators in the one direction.
I don't think the elevators block your view any more than a partition would. In fact, I think the lack of a partition might give a somewhat better view when seated. This shot was taken from an elevator.

2301077260099632937S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived