Speciality dining on the Splendid. Cost?

karlth

On the Splendida it's the L'Olivo Restaurant and the menu is alla carte. You pay per menu item. I dined there once in January and the bill came to around €32 if I recall. I had two main courses, desert, and a couple of glasses of wine. It was good but aside from the atmosphere I didn't find the food much better than that of the MDR.

I was on the splendida last year, I didnt eat at L'Olivo but I did have some meals at the pay for Mexican, Pizza, & Sports bar. My wife & I thought all 3 of these provided really great, tasty, fresh food & we did not think twice about forking out the extra money for them. You pay a small fee per menu item. The mexican was the best we have ever had, the late night burgers & wings in the sports bar really hit the spot & the pizzas could be customised as to how you like them & we had a good laugh with the waiters there too. There are a couple of great little italian espresso bars on the ship too. You do pay for the coffee's but if you like italian coffee it's well worth it & cheaper than what you would pay on land. I hope you enjoy the Splendida as much as we did!

I was on the splendida last year, I didnt eat at L'Olivo but I did have some meals at the pay for Mexican, Pizza, & Sports bar. My wife & I thought all 3 of these provided really great, tasty, fresh food & we did not think twice about forking out the extra money for them. You pay a small fee per menu item. The mexican was the best we have ever had, the late night burgers & wings in the sports bar really hit the spot & the pizzas could be customised as to how you like them & we had a good laugh with the waiters there too. There are a couple of great little italian espresso bars on the ship too. You do pay for the coffee's but if you like italian coffee it's well worth it & cheaper than what you would pay on land. I hope you enjoy the Splendida as much as we did!

Thanks for the info.

Do you remember the approx. cost? For example how much was a burger or the "small fee" per menu item?

I am researching a possible cruise for a rather large family so that information would be greatly appreciated. :)

The tex mex: I think we spent about 25 euro & that included 2 corona beers, 2 mains & at least 1 entree.

I think pizza's were between 4 & 7 euro each.

The sports bar had lots of snacks under 10euro each. I think the plate with 3 mini burgers was around 5 euro ish.

All items would be a few $ less than what they would be at a similar place on land in Italy.

Archived