Which Line is best for a 22 month old child?

CdnCruzGrl

So I'm trying to plan a family cruise for this fall, probably in October or November. My son will turn 2 in January so he'll be around 22 months old.

We'd like to bring my husband's parents along with us, and they live in Southern California, so we're hoping to find a good cruise leaving from LA or San Diego.

Are there any cruise lines that offer in-room babysitting? I've read that Carnival offers group babysitting but not until after 10 PM, which doesn't help us much if we'd like to have an adults only dinner.

I'm a pretty experienced cruiser, but this will be my first cruise with a baby and it's all a little overwhelming. I'm hoping I'll still be able to have as much fun as I used to!

Any advice or recommendations would be very much appreciated!

Thanx!

RCI offers in room babysitting...but they don't offer much during the day for children that young. If all you want is a 'night out', then RCI will be just fine! make sure to make arrangements ASAP, tho...the babysitting isn't always avail. at the last minute! And, it's cash to the babysitter....this is one thing that won't go on your account.

When my son was that age, we chose Carnival, even though they didn't have in room babysitting. We were much more comfortable with putting him in group babysitting. The hours were 12pm-2pm on sea days, from arrival in port until 12pm on port days and then 10pm-3am every night. He's been on a lot of cruises and we have always been very pleased with Camp Carnival. When he was 22 months, we really liked taking him to CC because they had so many toys and things to play with. There was room to roam. I believe that one of the reasons he loved cruising so much was due to 'play land'. Of course the downside was that there were no nice adult dinners. We made up for it with adult lunches. I know the nighttime babysitting seems late, but depending on what time zone you start and end in, it might not really be that late to him.

There really is no perfect answer for the under 2 crowd if you want to have any adult only dining. But don't worry, in no time he will be 2 and able to go to the kids club and you will appreciate it that much more.

Cruising with our son isn't like cruising was before him, but we still always have a good time. I'm sure you will too.

Archived