Did we want a wine r

Tasting?

Did we want a coffee card?

Did we want to buy water?

A cocktail?

No! We just wanted to eat our

Lunch in peace

Maybe you guys looked like "Fat Cats" :D:D:D

In most cases I agree with this while in PORTS. However I felt a bit bothered by the sales pitch to buy wine in the MDR. It was a hard core pitch that left me feeling the difference between the vendors in ports and the staff was the setting. Princess is selling a luxurious and Complete Escape, so on my first Princess cruise I was not ready for someone hawing wine in the MDR, especially the way they did. I said NO several times!

I had a very similar experience to this! Like most others, I have no problem with the carts in Horizon Court at breakfast time, you say no, they move on, no problem. However, one evening DH and I ate in Cafe Caribe and they were flogging some kind of liquer - I had to say no three or four times - each time more assertive than the last, before the seller finally got the message and moved on! He should have done so after the first time which made what was a minor inconvenience a lot more irritating than it needed to have been :eek:

Bring a refillable bottle, fill at night and place in fridge...in the morning, carry it off the ship with you...cost...$0!

Selling bottled water infers that there may be something inferior with the general water supply. Nothing could be further from the truth. The quality of ships' water is such that it may be well above that found in the poly(ethylene terephthalate) plastic bottles. Current news that some areas are looking at prohibiting the sale of bottled water is well received by us and hopefully it will eventually apply aboard cruise ships.

28 Princess cruises, well over 300 days and have never been "hawked" to purchase anything. Thenwaitstaff will ask if you want something as a courtesy. I wonder how many people would feel neglected if they never came around and you had to walk to a bar every time you wanted to purchase a drink???

My issue is with repeated drink hawking especially by the pool. It gets old when you get an assembly line of servers that parade past you each asking if you would like to buy "the cocktail of the day".

Maybe they should sell a special lanyard or something you could wear that would indicate to the staff that you DO NOT want to be asked to purchase anything during your cruise. They could price them based on the length of the cruise like soda cards. I'd pay just to be left alone, and you could recoup the cost with all the time you would save not having to say NO. :D

Archived