cave tubin

czexrus

Opinions please? We are just looking to go cavetubing. We don't need lunch or tour or anything, just cavetubing. What would the best company to go with ? Carnival excursion? Also, is cavetubing appropriate for 9 and 11 year olds? I saw pictures of tubing while holding the tube in front of you; i don't think i would like that. Is there a "free floating" cave tubing?

Thank you very much.

You don't want to do cave tubing with Carnival. People have died, literally. I don't mean to scare you, thousands have done it and had a great time. Carnivals groups are so large, they can't watch everyone. Two or three years ago someone drowned in one of the caves. We went with Cave tubing dot com and felt safe. They do the "chain" ride, but it's very safe. I thought I'd be uncomfortable doing it but it was fine. A 9 and 11 year old would be fine under those circumstances.

Three years ago we went with X-Stream Cave Tubing. Had a great time, felt very well taken care of. We free floated, but were a small group (maybe 10 people?), and M & M, our guide, kept a close eye on all of us.

I was in Belize last August, I did my CAVE TUBING WITH MAJOR TOM and would highly recommend them. I had my elderly mother who can't swim! and my three children 7, 5, and 1yrs old! I felt very safe the whole time and really enjoyed myself. The only thing was I had to bring my own life jacket for the 1 yr old, they didn't have any that small. The 5yr old and 1 yr old rode on are laps, my 7 yr old was fine on his own, they tie you all together so it feels safe. They pick you up at the port bus you to the site, you can buy a lunch (optional) and then they bus you back to the boat when your done.

We are considering Cave Tubing on our next cruise so I spoke with a Carnival Cruise Line representative (800-845-2599) and asked about the drowning. He said that there had been an accident over a year ago and at that time they stopped doing the cave tubing excursion until they updated all safety requirements and Carnival has now resumed doing the excursion and it is safe.

We just returned from the Carnival Legend. We toured with X-Treme and enjoyed every minute of our excursion. They limit their groups to 14 and provide very personal service and had us back to the tender an hour before the last tender left. The lunch that is included is an added bonus.

Try NCQ. Nacho and Cynthia are great. There were 12, including my 71 year old Dad. We tried booking through the cruise ship and they were full. We spent less, had a personal tour and saw so much more. Nacho can make arrangements for you to get off the ship early, and he gets you back.

Just keep track of ship time vs. local time.

http://www.ncqadventuretours.com/tubing.html

We just got back from Carnival Legend and did cave tubing with Carnival. It was fine, and very safe. Only 8 of us linked together and a very good guide. It took us about 1.5 hours on bus to get to camp, and then needed to walk about 40 minutes once we got our equipment. also needed to cross river at one point and also need to carry your tube.

Bring and put on BUG spray..bugs flocked to me and even tho I had bug spray on I gotten bitten several times.. not pleasant.

I know that others suggest non carnival excursions but I thought it was great.

Have a great time

• 2 weeks later...
I was in Belize last August, I did my CAVE TUBING WITH MAJOR TOM and would highly recommend them. I had my elderly mother who can't swim! and my three children 7, 5, and 1yrs old! I felt very safe the whole time and really enjoyed myself. The only thing was I had to bring my own life jacket for the 1 yr old, they didn't have any that small. The 5yr old and 1 yr old rode on are laps, my 7 yr old was fine on his own, they tie you all together so it feels safe. They pick you up at the port bus you to the site, you can buy a lunch (optional) and then they bus you back to the boat when your done.

I have to second this! We are just off the Valor and did Cave tubing with MAJOR TOM. They were excellent! The river was high because of all the recent rain they had. When we crossed the river they had us holding the rope with both hands the current was that strong. (As my 12 year old put it.."mom I'm glad I decided to keep my shorts on..or my bathing suit would be floating down river" :eek:) Our Guide, Mike took our 7 year old across the river himself. Before we tubed Major Tom went through the caves and as we went through he was telling the different guides which side to stay on due to the current. Their obvious commitment to safety not only for the group each guide had, but also looking out for each others group was just amazing to see. They were also very entertaining and informative on the bus ride..made the otherwise long trip very enjoyable! I would Highly recommend Major Tom to anyone.

Archived