Just want to make sure I have this correct...

ava_girl_123

First night MDR attire is casual as you may or may not have your luggage..?

2nd night of a 7 day cruise is elegant night in the MDR...?

The rest of the nights other then the 2nd elegant night on a 7 day, the dress attire in the MDR is also casual? I do not mean shorts and a T-Shirt, but women can wear a summer dress and heels.. Longer shorts with a pretty top and heels..Long skirt? Men can wear what? Nice button up short sleeved top and tailored shorts, no cargo shorts? Polo shirt?Sandals?

First night MDR attire is casual as you may or may not have your luggage..?

2nd night of a 7 day cruise is elegant night in the MDR...?

The rest of the nights other then the 2nd elegant night on a 7 day, the dress attire in the MDR is also casual? I do not mean shorts and a T-Shirt, but women can wear a summer dress and heels.. Longer shorts with a pretty top and heels..Long skirt? Men can wear what? Nice button up short sleeved top and tailored shorts, no cargo shorts? Polo shirt?Sandals?

Every night is casual except the 2 elegant nights......which means on casual nights (not just the first night) you may wear what Carnival suggests in their dress code.......

Which includes, jeans, shorts, sandals...etc....

It sounds like you are going to do fine and it is right in line with everything that I have read. Just to ease your mind I can tell you what I have selected. This is my first cruise as well and for my non-formal evenings I am bringing a sundress and a couple pairs of capri's in a solid colors. I can just mix and match some tops. I have some slip on sandals with a small heel and I found a lightweight fabric mini-jacket thingy at Marshall's that is black and will work over the little tops with the capri's in the MDR or shows if it gets cool. I made sure that the fabrics hold up well to not wrinkle and want to pack as light as possible.

For the non-formal evenings my fiance has docker like pants (not jeans) and button up shirts and golf style shirts. He has casual docker type shoes as well. I think this will be fine.

Have a great time on your first cruise. Cari :)

Archived