Detailed Carnival Victory review:Photos,Menus,Fun Times July 4th-11, 2010

Just wanted to say thank you for such a great detailed review! We will be on the Victory in November and I'm doing my research now. You review was super helpful!

Appreciate the Thanks re:Victory review - Ilike re-reading it and gets me excited to cruise again. Something is not right unless you "got another cruise on the books" -sure helps with the post cruise blues!

One more question:) You may have answered this in the review but I didn't take the time to reread it. Did you book the train/bus ride with Carnival before your cruise or while on it? It is not showing up as a choice for me. Instead, there is a train/catamaran excursion for $ 129.00.

One more question:) You may have answered this in the review but I didn't take the time to reread it. Did you book the train/bus ride with Carnival before your cruise or while on it? It is not showing up as a choice for me. Instead, there is a train/catamaran excursion for $ 129.00.

Since we knew we would be doing the scenic rail tour in St.Kitts with my parents, I am sure we booked online before we left for cruise.

I just looked on shore excursions page and the same tour we did is listed for $77.95 a person -3hours but when I went to "pretend to book it" on manage my cruises it was not available-only the rail and sail as you stated.

I know when we were on ship the train excursion was available, but that was before the sail part was added which may intrigue some people to book earlier. The train easily handles 100 I'd say in the different train cars, so it really to me isn't one that would fill up prior to boarding ship. Many times they leave slots open for on board booking, and it can be done at shore excursions desk upon boarding, and even from cabin television screen.

The only two reasons I could think they would do this is perhaps they are having traffic or road issues. The main road is right on the shoreline, and when a storm hits it can wash boulders up or down the bank, and our driver said one storm was so bad it took nine months to fix and they had to drive all the way around island instead of that road. The other to make the tour have a variety.

Thanks for the information. I'm really torn about what to do. The train/catamaran sounds great, too, but $129/person is a little steep for me :) I haven't really looked at other options for this port because I knew I wanted to do the train ride, but I'm also a little hesitant to wait until I board to book. What to do? What to do?

Thanks once again for your help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi

Me and my boyfriend are going on Carnival Victory this September and have a stop at St Lucia, after reading your review we are now looking into getting day passes for Rendezvous Resort.

Can you advise on how you got their from cruise port? And the costs?

Many thanks

:)

Hi

Me and my boyfriend are going on Carnival Victory this September and have a stop at St Lucia, after reading your review we are now looking into getting day passes for Rendezvous Resort.

Can you advise on how you got their from cruise port? And the costs?

Many thanks

:)

Mary, I'd be happy to help. We love the Rendezvous resort so much and were happy to visit for a second time this past March.It was better than I remembered. I contacted the manager via romantic holiday website originally and requested 9-3 (wish I had said 4 as never want to leave.)Origianlly (our first visit) they offered am only or pm only and I requested the 9-3 hours. The arriving in am it is very quiet but bar service opens soon, lunch buffet on terrace opens at 12:30 (be sure to check out their fish of day, and wonderful pressed panini sandwiches) plus lots more.

I think we used a credit card, but may have brought cash. The first visit two years ago was $50pp a day. Second time prices had gone to $60pp. Well worth it, we talked to a couple on "holiday" for their honeymoon and it was costing them to stay about $800 a night for two people.

For taxi- the first time we walked out through Point Seraphine port (the pretty cruise terminal with orange roofs, and duty free shops etc) and caught a taxi easily I think $12 but gave him $20 as he provided cell # and said he would be back which he was. I am not exagerating when I say cab was like 3 minutes! Make sure you bring confirmation as taxi driver uses to get thru check point guard house entrance to the resort. The second time to our disappointment we were docked across the water at Castries (the downtown part of St.Lucia) and walked thru terminal building and looked for a taxi -maybe a 5-10 min ride and he charged $20 and also promtly returned for us-in fact came looking when we were getting that last drink order.

If you are a shopper, I'd recommend taking water taxi to Point Seraphine shops if you are not docked there. The downtown did not impress us, nor felt that "comfortable". Also if you are docked in Castries -the further away point allow 15-20 min to return in afternoon traffic just in case. The close port has no traffic issues.

Let me know if you get a confirmation, any questions. You'll love the beach, and pool by the elevated Gazebo is so relaxing. Felt 100% safe and did not worry about our belongings. There is also a tiny gift shop below spa and around the corner-didn't find it until our second visit. The bathrooms are basically behind the tiki stone statues if you are looking for them -just walk around and they are under stairway.

Reply to my email:

"Angus Sexius - Front Office Manager" angus@theromanticholiday.com

Dear .......

I am please to confirm the day passes on your behalf, however the cost for the afternoon passes is US$60.00 per person. Should you wish to have the passes at this price please advise by return e-mai.

Regards

Angus Sexius | Front Desk Manager

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f64%5f10262%5fAA5Xv9EAADtBTu31iAG6WCA6wc4&pid=4&fid=Carnival%25202012%2520Victory&inline=1&appid=YahooMailClassic

Malabar Beach | Vigie | Post Office Box 190 | Castries | Saint Lucia | (:+ 1 (758) 4577920| 7:+ 1 (758) 4577917 | *: Angus@theromanticholiday.com

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may be confidential and or privileged. Unauthorised use or reproduction (including storage or re-distribution in any media) is prohibited

Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 11:41 PM

To: angus@theromanticholiday.com

Subject: Follow up RE: FW: Request for Day pass confirmation

Mr. Angus Sexius,

I am doing a follow up for my request to again spend a wonderful relaxing day at Rendezvous Resort. We are going to be visiting St.Lucia on Thursday March 15, 2012 on Carnival Victory the ship docks at 8am and must return by 3:30. I would like to request a daypass for the same hours of 9-3. All of us are over 18. I recall it was $50 per person.

Happy Holidays and Best wishes to your family and Rendezvous staff.

I look forward to hearing from you once again and receiving a confirmation,

Suzy ...

The Rendezvous Resort website is: theromanticholiday dot com

• 2 years later...

I just finished reading your review and really enjoyed reading. The pictures are no longer showing up and seeing the comments from the others, it sounded like they were wonderful. I have to say that the southern itinerary out of San Juan is, by far, our favorite. Our first time was on our honeymoon on Carnival Festivale in 1992 where we left San Juan and went to: St. Thomas (spent our day shopping in Charlotte Amalie then several hours at Magen's Bay too); St. Maarten; Dominica; Barbados; Martinique; Sea Day; San Juan. I had been wanting to do this itinerary again and we thought for sure we'd be doing it on Victory, but she and Valor swapped places in February or March 2013, so we went on Valor in May 2013, going to the same ports except now Dominica is now replaced with a Sea Day. We had such a wonderful time and loved all the islands and would love to do this itinerary again. There is just so much to see and do and the scenery is just spectacular. When in St. Kitts, we just went to Cockleshell Beach and enjoyed it, but I'd really love to see more of the island for our next opportunity, especially Brimstone Fort. That ended up being pretty much a washout rainy day, but from what we were able to see, still beautiful.

I've noticed that next year Liberty is going to be swapping places with Valor and also saw that in your signature. We loved both ships. I first came across Cruise Critic in April 2010 while researching "Grand Turk" for our Glory cruise since it was new for us. I really didn't discover the "Carnival boards" until several months after our cruise and noticed some reviews early in 2011, so somehow missed yours the first time around. I wish I'd have seen yours before our cruise last year too, because your details and descriptions I'm sure would have been helpful to us. Are you planning to do another review after your next cruise? If so, I'll definitely be following. :)

I just finished reading your review and really enjoyed reading. The pictures are no longer showing up and seeing the comments from the others, it sounded like they were wonderful. I have to say that the southern itinerary out of San Juan is, by far, our favorite. Our first time was on our honeymoon on Carnival Festivale in 1992 where we left San Juan and went to: St. Thomas (spent our day shopping in Charlotte Amalie then several hours at Magen's Bay too); St. Maarten; Dominica; Barbados; Martinique; Sea Day; San Juan. I had been wanting to do this itinerary again and we thought for sure we'd be doing it on Victory, but she and Valor swapped places in February or March 2013, so we went on Valor in May 2013, going to the same ports except now Dominica is now replaced with a Sea Day. We had such a wonderful time and loved all the islands and would love to do this itinerary again. There is just so much to see and do and the scenery is just spectacular. When in St. Kitts, we just went to Cockleshell Beach and enjoyed it, but I'd really love to see more of the island for our next opportunity, especially Brimstone Fort. That ended up being pretty much a washout rainy day, but from what we were able to see, still beautiful.

I've noticed that next year Liberty is going to be swapping places with Valor and also saw that in your signature. We loved both ships. I first came across Cruise Critic in April 2010 while researching "Grand Turk" for our Glory cruise since it was new for us. I really didn't discover the "Carnival boards" until several months after our cruise and noticed some reviews early in 2011, so somehow missed yours the first time around. I wish I'd have seen yours before our cruise last year too, because your details and descriptions I'm sure would have been helpful to us. Are you planning to do another review after your next cruise? If so, I'll definitely be following. :)

Thank you for compliment. Yes, coincidentally I have been reading a review perhaps started by you, or you are posting in it? Just relearning the Liberty now that ship has been swapped, and menus concept will be new to us. I had photos posted to webshots for the So. Caribbean review, not sure what happened, but I recall webshots reworking their website or something. I have to figure out now who to use for photo hosting -I may try photo bucket and hope it is more posting friendly. If I get ambitious may repost or create an album from that cruise and attach a link.

I also think writing a review will be easier now that I plan on taking an ipad mini with me (not to post live) but record thoughts as I go along. Debating on which camera to take -maybe just a point & shoot vs. Nikon DSLR that I have yet to learn besides auto,and scene mode.

Edited by Buffettfan 225
typo

Thank you for compliment. Yes, coincidentally I have been reading a review perhaps started by you, or you are posting in it? Just relearning the Liberty now that ship has been swapped, and menus concept will be new to us. I had photos posted to webshots for the So. Caribbean review, not sure what happened, but I recall webshots reworking their website or something. I have to figure out now who to use for photo hosting -I may try photo bucket and hope it is more posting friendly. If I get ambitious may repost or create an album from that cruise and attach a link.

I also think writing a review will be easier now that I plan on taking an ipad mini with me (not to post live) but record thoughts as I go along. Debating on which camera to take -maybe just a point & shoot vs. Nikon DSLR that I have yet to learn besides auto,and scene mode.

Yes, it was my review that you commented on and I was able to get the link for this one from your signature. :) I'm in major cruise withdraw, even though we were on another this past April (Liberty, actually), so when I get free time, I'm looking for and reading reviews. We had the new "American Menu" on Liberty this time. I really missed some of my old favorites from the old menu but there are some good options with the American Menu. There is a website with the American Menu for various ships that was put together by Zydecocruiser with the menus and pictures, so I'm attaching the link. The main difference on your sailing might be the Port of Call sections, since they are usually a selection of authentic foods specific to the Port of Call you were at, and we did a western itinerary. http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm

I used Photobucket and it's fairly easy to load pictures. There is a fee if you go beyond a certain storage amount but I forget what it is. For pictures, I took both point and shoot and Canon Rebel DSLR. I'm still learning with that too, so it's the reason I brought it because I do want to learn how to use it. My pictures weren't coming out focused and someone told me to us the "P" setting if I want focused and sharp pictures, so I did and they came out this time. So glad you may be doing another review - I'll be sure to follow.