Detailed Carnival Victory review:Photos,Menus,Fun Times July 4th-11, 2010

San Juan-not really known for its beaches. Only time we did one was pre-cruise at hotel Marriott Stellaris and found pool area much more inviting.

Main public beach Loquillo (spelling?) direction of El Yunque Rainforest-never have gotten to. Mentally just say this is a pool location. Touring- if you ever get chance to arrive early enough that allows a trip to El Yunque in morning we highly recommend it. The morning allows for serenity during hiking, less chance of it raining and cooler. It is like hiking in Jurrasic park-very nice defined trails. We rent a car and return morning of cruise at airport.

St.Thomas- two takes on it- Megan's Bay Beach-easy to get to, no vendors (I think due to it being a National Park and charge admission). It has all the facilities, plus calm to just float on a mat. Not good for snorkeling though. Once we did Saphire Beach by taking a taxi there- further out-not many amenities, but had nice snorkeling from shore.

another idea is but much more effort needed is going to St.John's Trunk Bay-gorgeous, again a National Park. We have done it via taxi to Red Hook, then ferry over, another taxi shuttle to beach/park. In hindsight may have been cheaper thru ship and more direct.

My pick: Megan's.

Dominica-again not known for beaches. Have only done nature type tours. Wacky Rollers is well known and reputable (now can only book thru ship) and others have enjoyed the Titou Gorge or seeing Trafalgar Falls.

Barbados- Did not make it to the beach, but had fully researched and ready to go to. On port board poster Aplmac has great info.

I had figured out we'd go to Hasting's Beach. I asked member Aplmac for suggestion and he responded with this:

"Sounds like you should get a taxi direct to Coconut Court, which is on Hastings beach,and also about smack bang in the middle between Hilton to its right(facing the sea),-and the Boardwalk,leading to Accra -to its left(facing the sea)."

Barbados has built a Boardwalk along water I was interested in walking along. The photos were amazing of this beach. Also can't go wrong with Accra Beach and here are my notes I compiled from Cruise Critic postings:

Accra/Rockley Beach Ask for Rockley Beach, not Accra Hotel.

It's a difference of about 100 yards, if that. A spot to ask to be dropped off at is Bar K'Nai was a good deal. 2 chairs = 20.00 BDS. (2BDS for every $1 US conversion)

They had umbrellas available, too. I think 5.00 BDS.

Then you can "spend" that amount at the restaurant/bar with your receipt. In other words free chairs

Right across the street and to the left in the middle of a shopping center is "Just Grillin" We had the best flying fish sandwich there.

Just got back...$15.00 each way for the 2 of us. $10 or $15 for an umbrella and 2 lounges, depending on what kind of lounge. Beach is not that big, walk till a spot hits you.

Took taxi about 20 minutes from cruise dock (US$40 for 5 of us) to Rockley beach, also called Accra beach. There is a manmade reef maybe 60-80 yards off shore, maybe last 20 yards of swim over my head. Many colorful, mostly smaller fish clustered all along both sides of the reef. My younger daughter saw numerous baby fish in shallow water close to shore as well. Beach itself is beautiful, with vendors for chairs, souvenirs, and food/drink and is located in resort area

Another alternative is Hilton Hotel day pass.

They have a day pass which included use of the the beach, pool, chairs, umbrellas, towels, shower facitlity, lunch and a drink for $35.00 pp. Taxi fare was $5.00 pp each way. 10 minute drive from the ship. Taxis available at the Hilton. They said lunch was delicious. Restaurant is on the beach. Had the signature Flying fried fish and a frozen mojito.............next time we'll go to the Hilton :>)!

Hilton's PBX number here on the island is.. 426-0200I just spoke with the Hilton in Barbados and this is what I was told;

$25 for a day pass for use of pool and beach

$35 for a day pass would include a meal and drink at the waters edge restaurant.

Another beach near ship is facility called the Boatyard: I think $10. Cahirs,water toys,facilities etc. Very popular party type atmosphere.

Boatyard area Carlisle Bay— Lobster Alive restaurant on Carlisle Bay-(Next to Boatyard) chairs/umbrella $15, Lunch 12-3:30

Next to Lobster Alive--My husband and I went here last October, and will do the same again this August. Since Lobster Alive is right next to the Boatyard, we were able to take a look at the water sports offered there, and retreat back to the quieter area of Lobster Alive. The 3 tickets you get when you rent 2 chairs and an umbrella are redeemable for a free rum punch or coke, which was a nice touch. The food there is great. We had the flying fish last time, this time we're going to splurge on lobster.

Keep in mind Barbados also has some great Catmaran companies (private is better) and can snorkel and see Sea Turtles.

St.Lucia: I can't say enough of our day here. We did a day pass at Rendevous Resort on Reduit Beach and for $50 a person it was so amazing to consider a week there!! REALLY. I will be posting extensive info and photos but basically great beach,hospitality,two pools (never needed them),lunch buffet,great landscaping, terrace in shade with fans, unlimited drinks of any kind-just put a flag up in sand by your chair.

It is literally 5-10min max from ship. They usually offer am or pm rate, but able to negotiate 9-3pm. If you have any faith--just book it. Contact Rendevous Resort direct via email and then you will work via email with front desk manger/concierge. I saw there day pass list upon arrival and counted only 12 people. So it is very exclusive, and perhaps limited amount they accept. Mostly I estimate I saw say 8 people on beach chairs, most were about 30 were during lunch and then vanished! The taxi will only take you there if you have a confirmed reservation for day pass-secure gated entrance.

Ten years ago we took a taxi and were dropped off at Rex Resort on Reduit beach and just cut through lobby area. So that is also an option.

St.Kitts: We did the train tour and later private to Brimstone Hill Fort + bonus Caribelle Batik quick stop.

my research though:

Cockleshell Beach - great views of Nevis and a nice beach

Marriott beach resort:

The Marriott is on North Frigate Beach, which is on the Atlantic side of Frigate Bay Marriott Resort -$12 taxi- 3mi from ship $65 day pass, $35 resort fee for 4

St.Maarten:

Have been to two beaches here. First was Orient Beach-My opinion is that it was just okay-too many vendors,very wavelike higher body surfing type waves. Oh and the occassional "nudist" strolling along.

Second time we went to Maho Beach-mostly for the plane watching action, but there is a small beach and beach bar. More photos of that in review.

I Love your review so far and can't wait to here and see more. I am very interested in the Rendevous resort on Reduit beach but have not been able to find it with google. It has Rendezvour ast Malabar beach:confused: how did you locate them? Thanks:)

You are welcome-- we are high school sweethearts too and celebrated 25th Anniversary this cruise. We actually met in 1979 though.

OK--I will also post my link to albums when done, I have many photos but they are out of order right now on webshots album.

Uh, no pressure, but need info on Liberty when you return.

Danny and I were more best friends than sweethearts I suppose, and we lost touch for about 11 years, but we have been back together for six months now, and even though it's currently long-distance, our relationship makes me happier every single day, and I am thankful every day that he is back in my life. He's a dream come true!

Okay, hijack over, LOL. We're actually going on the Glory, but you can bet I'll be posting a VERY detailed review. That's one of the fun things I'm looking forward to! I'm wordy, and I love to take pictures, so I can't wait. I plan to bring my laptop and journal a little every day, and at least take pictures off my card and label them every evening, so that I can get my review posted quickly when we get back. Dan makes fun of me (lightheartedly) because of how excited I am, and we're still seven months out! I told him he was going to thank me eventually, when everything is all planned out!

My Glory cruise is going to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk, so I have been very interested to read anything having to do with those ports.

Anyway, thank you so much for this review, I am enjoying it immensely!

I have heard so many negatives in the past about the people of Puerto Rico being pushy and a pain on board....did you encounter any of this?

This was our 4th cruise out of San Juan over 8year period. This cruise was by far the least noticeable of any type of rudeness or pushy. Of entire cruise only encountered one rude behavior, in lido buffet line just after salad selection and two late 20 year old Hispanic origin cut in line and then dwelled and held line up. Not wanting any hot items, just some fruit further on--we re-entered in front of them! Perhaps ignorant of line etiquette? Anyone from anywhere we get that behavior. This cruise we had a lot of southern families traveling in larger reunion type groups.

The only time I noted a heavy Puerto Rican impact on cruise was a few years ago a first week of April cruise--most of lower dining room were mostly speaking Spanish (late seating), and on formal night the girls showed up in honor of celebrating the quicenerra (15th birthday)wearing their finest and held up photo lines etc.

Perhaps it is a traditional spring celebration for girls turning 15 that year, and families gathered together during school spring break from Puerto Rico. The families were polite, just a lot of "people moving in large family groups" and while we were in a suite, the interior cabins had many strollers parked in front of them. I respect cultural celebrations, but it impacted the feel of dining room.

In general spring break cruises you will find many more of a younger crowd sitting on stairs, riding elevators and running down hallways-especially last night of cruise. So my opinion it is not who but when you cruise.

Many cruises ago on RCI- some 30yr ish adults who were drinking heavily got into a roll fight between tables- causing Maitre'd involvement. So one demographic no.

will write up detailed day notes tomorrow.

Appetizers:

2690569920103372150S600x600Q85.jpg

Study in Sushi:

2944199250103372150S500x500Q85.jpg

Entrees:

Sorry I missed the Barbados main menu photo-it came out fuzzy..but recall Italian Pasta,Norwegian salmon,Jerk Pork Loin

(not my favorite menu-

tonight would have been a great night for supper club)

2762481340103372150S600x600Q85.jpg

Elephant:

2670393320103372150S425x425Q85.jpg

Kind of off-topic but I thought it was "safer" to ask here than "out there" where I might get pounced on! :o

You mentioned you got back off the ship in San Juan to get soda. Can you do this at any port? Like could we bring a few sodas back on with us every day? We don't drink enough of the stuff to warrant buying a soda card but it would be nice not to pay through the nose for the few that we'd want.

Also, can you bring beer back onboard? Someone posted on another thread that some lines let you do that and some don't. We'd be interested in the local beers, likes Banks in Barbados or Piton in St. Lucia. Or do we just have to suck down as much as possible while in port?!?! :D

Kind of off-topic but I thought it was "safer" to ask here than "out there" where I might get pounced on! :o

You mentioned you got back off the ship in San Juan to get soda. Can you do this at any port? Like could we bring a few sodas back on with us every day? We don't drink enough of the stuff to warrant buying a soda card but it would be nice not to pay through the nose for the few that we'd want.

Also, can you bring beer back onboard? Someone posted on another thread that some lines let you do that and some don't. We'd be interested in the local beers, likes Banks in Barbados or Piton in St. Lucia. Or do we just have to suck down as much as possible while in port?!?! :D

No problem--

official policy from Carnival used to say reasonable amount of beverages. It now states one 12-pack per person soda upon embarkation in carryon.

We've taken soda off the ship in our cooler bag (we bring two-one for cabin to hold ice and few items, other for off shore use-fill ziploc with ice, and put in zip style lunch bag cooler. It is easy to pack. I cannot recall 100% but think we have brought a few sodas back on with us in cooler.

Just make sure it is not dripping at that point to tick them off.

My take on it- San Juan got on ship first, ate, went to cabin, later left ship with a rolling backpack and whole round trip took us 45min to get back with soda and a flat of water. Don't leave ship too early or will get a long security line coming back.

The CVS is located in vision from ship, look for Senior Frog to left of Sheraton (yellow building) it is one building down on waterfront,just out of frame on left in photo. The water/soda area is in front left of store just past registers, if facing the refrigerated coolers, it is behind you. Bring CVS member card with you-they scan it and save money-especially if buy water. Really the water on ship is fine, just easy to have some bottled water to take on excursions. We brought insulated thermal carriers and filled with ice. They never checked them coming back in at all.

As far as beer-do not think allowed to bring any back on that are filled.

I guess a single bottle may not hurt to try. One person I saw who brought alcohol on had three in bag, got tagged and declared (handed them) one! Others come on in a busy time thru security and blend into crowd and go up stairs,making a quick exit. Depends on your take on it. Officially no beer allowed. I would think if did drink off ship, they would allow empty bottle for souvenier. I've seen most beer in ports $2 for a bottle or 3 for $5. Guess that is a low risk cost to try to bring on. Soda cartons are checked for seal so difficult to get cans in case.

2543966630103372150S600x600Q85.jpg

Buffettfan, I'm from Avon, IN! We are so close, loving your review, thanks!

~Regina

Will love to hear about your impressions of Dream. I considered it, but after reading they should drydock and remove a bunch of cabins to create space got cold feet. Let us know the feel of the ship when you return.

Suzy

Before the cruise I was researching "which side of ship" would be good for balcony views--knowing subject to change based on captains decision.

These are only my observations and opinions

San Juan-think port side (even numbers) has slight edge. Can see terminal,gangway,luggage loading and view of shore towards Sheraton.

St.Thomas-have always taken starboard side as like people watching, can see gangway,Havensight mall and some of hills. Port side-Charlotte Amalie,yacht club marina,hills.Also saw water tours coming back from this side. So this is a 50/50 no real bad view.

Dominica-Pulled in parallel to shore with port side (even numbers) facing the shops,shoreline and hills. The starboard had some hills at bow end, water otherwise. Definite Port side better here.

Barbados-Pulled into port, with bow facing cruise terminal, and gangway would be on port side. Port side had industrial view,gangway and some activity to watch. Starboard had water only. No real winner hear as nothing to look at. If had to say-port side to people and machinery watch.

St.Lucia -Port side had colorful cruise terminal shopping area,hills and some bay side water view. Starboard more of downtown St.Lucia Seraphine?,hills and water. Almost equal in views with edge to port side again.

St.Kitts - St. Kitts arrival backed into port, the port side of ship was facing the gangway. The orientation of ship if parallel to pier, but perpendicular to shore. It is a very long dock, and gangway is at far end of ship near front. When considering which side the view is better in St.Kitts it is an equal call with edge going to port side. Basically the terminal area can be viewed from the stern (back) really well and leaning outward from either balcony side. The thing we liked about port side view was just a bit more color across inlet, and ability to see gangway.

St.Maarten- St.Maarten-the ship pulls in, and we were only ship there today. The port side faces the gangway-pier and also has view across harbor of water taxis and Phillipsburg. The starboard a bit of the hills. Hands down the port side today has best view. Had their been another ship in port-the starboard would have been facing another ship and its cabins.

So overall, I think we were wise to have chosen a port side balcony for the Victory's Southern Caribbean Itinerary.(even Number)

I have a cabin with windows on the Main deck, which is close to being eye level to the dock at times. I prefer not being on the port side so people outside cannot look into my cabin. I've had that happen and it's rather disconcerting when you wake up, look out and see someone looking in.

I have a cabin with windows on the Main deck, which is close to being eye level to the dock at times. I prefer not being on the port side so people outside cannot look into my cabin. I've had that happen and it's rather disconcerting when you wake up, look out and see someone looking in.

Let me think..for our cruise the starboard would be better if at walking level and people looking in a concern.

San Juan- baggage guys could see in-water on other -so starboard better choice for you.

St.Thomas-port side has town/harbor view and noone can walk by since it is water, Starboard-a lot of foot traffic here, and tour gathering on dock in morning-better keep curtains closed this port.

Dominica-port side-would be level with pier, but the gangway was way forward. Starboard better for you here if worried on see in factor, faces just water.

Barbados-starboard faces water

St.Lucia-starboard-water view

St.Kitts-starboard-water view

St.Maarten-port side-dock, so Starboard better unless another ship in port tow ships will face eachother, then you can look into eachothers cabins! Another possible day to close curtains

This is such a great & informative thread! Thank you so much for sharing all of this. I'm especially happy to see your beach recommendation/review that you put together - we have been to all ports on this itinerary except St. Marten & St. Kitts, but haven't been to beaches at all of them, so this will come in particularly handy when we sail the Victory in October! Can't wait to read more!

I have one of those wonderful 1A cabins with 2 windows - one next to the bed and one on the far side of the cabin. I leave the far window curtain open for light and keep the one next to the bed closed. And I've booked the one on the starboard side.

Victory Barbados commentary Day 4

Here is the view of the port of Barbados based on the Victory docking on left side today (this was taken as we left Barbados)

2310347420103372150S425x425Q85.jpg

We decided to eat a leisurely breakfast from the lido buffet. Our plans were basically to check out cruise shopping in terminal and perhaps explore downtown area. When I originally was researching ports at home, I had compiled a list of possibilities with beach and catamarans to snorkel with sea turtles. We decided to forgo that as next day in St.Lucia booked an inclusive resort with pools,beach,buffet and drinks. Didn't want to risk a sunburn and ruin our St.Lucia experience.

10:00 am and easy exit off ship. Photo shows portside of ship

2496054300103372150S425x425Q85.jpg

The tours must have already left. We headed into the cruise ship shopping area. At this point shopping terminal is really quiet. Could tell that the building is airconditioned. I noted internet kiosks on left side, rate was $5US for 30minutes. Not sure how speedy it is though. By the time we returned later in afternoon terminals were quite busy.

2370681570103372150S600x600Q85.jpg

While it is tempting to say "I'll shop later" -if you have time in am, do it then. One could browse easily, it was cooler and no lines to check out.

We returned later aroun 3:00 and this building felt like a state fair building-hot & humid like doors were open, bodies milling around and few of the more popular stores lines of 10 people! And let me say they move on island time often checking out and writing up receipts by hand.

No criticism, just when its hot,sticky...husbands would not be happy.

So as a female it is ok here to get off ship alone,or have those not wanting to shop to head back to ship with any bags you already had and meet back in cabin. The terminal is secure and can only get into area with an ID for cruise back at entrance gate to complex.

The heat in late afternoon made me skip a few items I had thought about purchasing. Besides if one shops early, can just take items back to ship it is so close.

Pricing was cheaper here than downtown for rum cakes, trinkets and had a good variety. They carried two different brands of Rum cake in terminal The "Calypso" brand & shop and Tortuga-brand carried on ship.

The Calypso shop offered plenty of flavors to sample. I've tried many brands and have to say-Calypso had more of a kick of rum taste to it! It is also a bit cheaper than the Tortuga brand, and I noted terminal prices out did ship pricing. I would have asked on ship to match, but just bought in terminal & downtown due to variety available.

perhaps the rum kick is this:

From Calypso website:

The main ingredient that sets our cakes apart from all the others is a 10-year aged Golden Rum, made and completely processed in Barbados. The pure form of this world famous rum is not available internationally. In fact, most islands buy their rum from Barbados and either bottle or mix it in their country. A combination of this highest quality rum and our commitment for highest cake moisture has made our product known worldwide. Our production methods, such as hand-ladled glaze, are labor intensive differentiating our cakes from any mass-produced item and giving you the authentic home-style Caribbean cake.

We were just getting ready to leave shopping area and noticed a bunch of bags--I guess these must be bags for passengers debarking today, that got on cruise a week ago in Barbados.

2883137540103372150S425x425Q85.jpg

There are also a few shed like buildings out the door with local clothing, small soveniers and a local bar. Today the bar would be quite frenzied with patrons watching the soccer world cup. One thing that a nice shop keeped mentioned in her sales talk..the clothing here in here booth was locally made. Meaning they import fabric, but sew it on island. After close examination of the sundresses at various shops- she had the best selection of "cotton fabric ones" I noted that the ones with rayon do not breathe well. Here dresses were $15 and came in short knee length, or long -those may have been $20-I am not sure. So watch your fabric content.

So we walked past these shops, I noted that here is the location of Stoutes car rental, and saw some cars right there. So if I were to rent a vehicle this seems the easiest location to rent from- although I would pre-reserve asuring a vehicle was brought and waiting.

As we walked past the end of the shed like building complex, just ahead and on right was the gated entry point, and a covered area queing taxis outside the gates.

Note: it is quite "dumb" but one must cross from the shed,shoreside and sidewalk to other side as "pedestrian exit" is on left side of this secure entrance. Here one would get a taxi or shuttle if they wished (more on THAT topic later--yes it is an irritating one.)

(From ship cannot see the shed comlpex, or bar-I think it is behind the cruise shopping terminal building on its right side.)

Barbados review cont. Victory Day 4 July 7, 2010

We just walked out past the secure gated area, and I had researched a shopping location called "Pelican Craft Village" according to website it was close to cruise terminal.

It was now about 10:30am - we waved off the waiting fleet of taxis and took the sidewalk along shoreline on right side.

This was just 10 yards from taxi area.

2231385840103372150S600x600Q85.jpg

We came across a young entrepeneur making bendable figurines. He basically took wire and wrapped thick rope and then yarn around it creating little "people" who were poseable. A few he had even glued soccer balls to them. He was not pushy, just a very friendly man.

We were going to buy one for $8 and he offered two for $15.

This is a very original item as did not see it anywhere else this cruise.

Our college son loved his "rasta" bright colored one.

He was located 3 minutes at most from taxi area, and I could just see the Pelican Village across the street.

2486375250103372150S500x500Q85.jpg

Here is outside photo of Pelican Craft Village (I was wearing a pedometer today, it read .45 mile since I left ship area.) We walk pretty fast, and it took us 10 minutes to craft village. It was nice,pleasant and breezy by the water.

2363731260103372150S600x600Q85.jpg

Inside the complex, a shame it was such a ghost town. It is so quaint, with lots of potential. maybe it was that we were early in day, I hope it was busier later. Although saw no other people at 3:30 when we went back a second time.

2723764900103372150S600x600Q85.jpg

We found I'd say perhaps 10 shops open -gift type, a gallery,wire works,cigar shop and 1 out of way pottery shop. I think most shops were airconditioned.

Pelican Craft Village has a website, and while it may have had its peak, the economy has really affected it, and many open stores.

My favorite by far was a store called Roslyns -or store containing that name. It was on far back right side. (Note all shops seem to have handicap ramps.)

It had many high quality unique sovniers from prints,jewelry,bags,high end crafts. A lot of everything. The most unique item we looked at, came back looked again were handcrafted sculptures by a local barbados artist trained in Scotland. There were so many to choose from. We purchased one for ourselves, and later in day made a late afternoon dash back for two more for potential gifts. Having cruised many islands before, we now are more particular what we purchase, and look for items that reflect the island (As of moment though, they have become a collection and may stay that way.)

2525242970103372150S600x600Q85.jpg

View as we walked back down sidewalk towards ship-now the pedestrian entrance at gated area is on left. Will need photo ID & Cruise ID.

2806278980103372150S600x600Q85.jpg

Barbados Victory review cont. day 4 July 7, 2010

We know headed back to ship. Ate some light lunch, and since it was so hot decided to catch a taxi and check out downtown Barbados.

It was now about 1:00pm. We again walked through ship terminal to taxi stand out back. There were plenty of long extended type taxis or "shuttles" and some standard cars lined up. The shelter of shade only had a few people. One single lady was waiting and happy to hear we were going downtown. She was told "had to have at least 4- before go downtown" for $12 ($3 each) so after 2-3 minutes getting irritated stated we were no longer waiting, as noone in sight. OK--taxi was motioned up. It would be $12 or $4 per person -. Be clear on taxi rate before you get one. They do not believe in using a/c here it appears. Just a short ride to downtown, but on a day like today too hot to think of walking there.

We were dropped off what appeared to be the main street or Broad Street

in front of a large department store I believe called Cave Shepard. It was huge,two stories, airconditioned, and many,many departments including Victoria Secret,Bookstore & Sephora. The main street of Bridgetown.

Downtown street area consists mainly of tax free outlets,some jewelry stores, banks, large department stores, and smelled a few wonderful food opportunites. Mostly the barbeque that was so tempting from a local fast food location. There are a few larger stores on this street, and many small local places to browse through.

After crossing street,at the corner it became apparent pedestrians must have right of way in Barbados.

Walking to end, and a street over:

In downtown Bridgetown one can see Barbados Parliament Building and Clock tower,

2017947350103372150S500x500Q85.jpg

and St.Mary's Angelican Church 1825, and National Heroes Square and War Memorial and fountain gardens.

Crossing the Chamberlain Bridge came about what appeared as fruit & vegetable market, trinkets and souvenier stores and restaurant along the marina.

2100510380103372150S425x425Q85.jpg

Here is photo of taxi stand- passing time playing Dominos.

2672061160103372150S500x500Q85.jpg

Shops along marina area:

2061072830103372150S500x500Q85.jpg

2416075850103372150S600x600Q85.jpg

By now we considered taking a taxi offer from one of the domino players, but decided we'd explore a bit more. We walked back across bridge, this time hugging the shore. At first it seemed do-able to walk back-breezy and all then the sun hit and changed routes back to department store area. We came upon a large extended van knowing it was a taxi and said $4 take us back- deal, we hopped in, and it was airconditioned. Then a moment later a knock on window--get out he will take you back. There was a small car with two other passengers already inside car.(Never would have gotten in if it was empty) it did have some signage or old dead meter inside though. My DH got in front, and I joined other couple in the back. We started moving and I started to put window up thinking air would be on. No go...driver says costs too much to turn on, enjoy the breeze. Huh? what breeze? cannot argue here-- So it was so hot, and DH was sitting roasting in front seat in full sun. Thankfully a short ride. We get out and driver comes over to us and says $10--what! First driver said $4--oh no he is shuttle I am car. $10. Not wanting to get into an altercation, or like passengers in Aruba grudglingly paid him only the $10. DH thought he heard other couple pay $6 or 8. We are smarter than that :mad:. Ask driver the fare in clear answer--like per person?? Total etc. They got us on that one. So be warned. Should have taken the Domino drivers offer

In Barbados the official language is English, but Bajan (a local English-derived dialect, and largely difficult to understand) is often heard -I bet that what they used when the taxi switch went on!

Wish I had gotten license or car # -would have told gate people for what it is worth. So be careful.

So there is Barbados for us. Already posted Menus & Fun Times.

Tomorrow St.Lucia-my favorite respite, and then St.Kitts another great stop.