Almost Time ... finally

msm0908

We are finally leaving on the Zuiderdam tomorrow for the Alaska inside passage cruise. This is our first cruise and we are so excited.! :D I have gathered so much information from this forum and wanted to thank everyone for sharing. I have always wanted to cruise on Holland America and the time is finally here. I even manage to fit all of our clothing/stuff into only 2 suitcases for a family of 4! I will write a review of our cruise once we get back. Thanks again to all your input.

Have a wonderful time!

Way to go on your packing prowess by the way.:p

I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions of cruising for the first time and of Holland America Line

You have a great cruise. Been there done that in May aboard the Zuiderdam. It was wonderful even though it was our 4th tour of Alaska. I know my wife would return in a heart beat. Enjoy. Colakid.

Think about the bonine/ginger seasickness prevention stuff since this is your first cruise with untested sea legs ........ just in case ..... I used it on our recent Zuiderdam Inland Passage and was very grateful to have started it the night before we left. It made this trip perfect for us and others did have problems. If you can tolerate either or both bonine and ginger, something to take, before you might find you need it. Tough call here but I think everyone wants this to be a perfect time for you. Enjoy and bon voyage.

We are finally leaving on the Zuiderdam tomorrow for the Alaska inside passage cruise. This is our first cruise and we are so excited.! :D I have gathered so much information from this forum and wanted to thank everyone for sharing. I have always wanted to cruise on Holland America and the time is finally here. I even manage to fit all of our clothing/stuff into only 2 suitcases for a family of 4! I will write a review of our cruise once we get back. Thanks again to all your input.

WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Off you go into a cruise you will never ever forget!!!

Welcome to CC and Have a HAL of a Dam blast aboard!! Oh and DO NOT be a stranger after this:D

Joanie

Bon Voyage, msm0908!! May your HAL cruise be all that you hope!

Tip for the kids: Your first evening out, there should be an "ice breaker" for the teens, and a Club HAL orientation meeting for parents and kids. Even if your kids don't think they want to join in the program, they should at least go to the first get-togethers, just to meet others their own age whom they might enjoy spending time with.

Have fun!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes!

ariawoman / May4 - I will definitely review our cruise once I get back.

May4 - Yes, I can't believe that I packed all of our stuff (including a suit and formal dresses) into 2 suitcases and they were even under weight!

Colakid - lucky you to have visited Alaska so many times, I am looking forward to visiting for the first time.

SwissMyst - thanks for the tip on sea sickness, hubby does have this little problem!

IRL Joanie - hoping to get some room photos for you, your website had great information.

middle-aged mom - thanks for the tips regarding the kids - our daughters (14 & 8) will have to check the orientation.

Again, thanks so much to all! Hopefully by this time tomorrow, I will be on my cruise!

Congrats!! msm0908 You are going to have a BLAST!! Enjoy!! and....................I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! :D

who knows................. :rolleyes:. You might become addicted.........a cruise junkie...LOL

Congrats!! msm0908 You are going to have a BLAST!! Enjoy!! and....................I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! :D

who knows................. :rolleyes:. You might become addicted.........a cruise junkie...LOL

We are already on the Zuiderdam ..... First ones on .... Talk about eager! So far we are loving it! Feel so spoiled already!

We are already on the Zuiderdam ..... First ones on .... Talk about eager! So far we are loving it! Feel so spoiled already!

First one there gets to claim the best room! Run! :-)

Don't we wish that were the case (when we are first, anyway hehe). Have an awesome trip. Good to see the internet is working for you :-) We can expect some updates, maybe :-)

Archived