SY Category Noordam - Complimentary Upgrade?

oshawa

We have booked an SY suite category on our upcoming Roman Empires Cruise. The booking was made by my TA. Speaking to a HAL reservation clerk recently I was advised that a complimentary upgrade showed on the reservation. My question is where would the complimentary upgrade place us. If it is an SS suite -

these would be underneath the Lido deck which could be conceivably noisy.

I did advise my TA at the time of booking that I would be interested only in an upsell or upgrade to one of the SA,SB,SC cabins if the price is right and depending on the location of the suites.

Your advice/comments would be appreciated.

We were upgraded on the Oosterdam (similar to Noordam) to a VA cabin which was also located right under the Lido deck and had no noise problem at all. (S and V cabins on this deck)

There was only a very rare scraping of chairs around 5-6pm when I think the deck was getting cleaned up at the end of the day. But during the day, even on our balcony we never heard any noise.

What we really liked about being on this deck is it was only one floor up to the Lido and the outdoor decks so we never had to wait for an elevator

We had an SS on the Oosterdam directly under the Lido pool area and rarely heard any noise from above. Had more trouble, in the noise sense, with neighbors who apparently partied pretty hard most nights with a couple or two in cabins next to or near ours. Their loud and boisterous "good night's" and "love you's" at 1-2 AM were much more disturbing than anything we heard from above us.

For one HAL cruise, we were upgraded from an SY to an SS, and upon check-in, upgraded again to an SA. :D So, it could happen. Even if you wind up with an SS, it is still a great cabin. Whatever cabin you get, I wish you a great cruise. :)

what a great upgrade Bill!!.. I wouldn't worry about an SS at all. I heard nothing either and you could have a great experience. If you prefer a specific room, and it's not too late, you can change it. then they will offer you an 'upsell' not a free upgrade. (at least, most times). enjoy your cruise:)

Thanks so much for all your responses. I will keep my fingers crossed that it is a favourable upgrade. Although, how can I complain when I will be cruising anyway!

you got it. At the very least you are in a suite and at the very worst, you get a Deluxe Verandah suite.!! suites rule:D:D:D

Archived