OFFICIAL - MOANA MALIHINIS - 15 day Carnival Spirit - Hawaii - April 13, 2012

Luckysll

Well AZ I guess I am the other side of the spectrum given the fact that u r platinum I would totally roll with that flight. What's the worst that can happen u get put on standby for another flight? Have to pay a little more?? As im sure u read about my experience once with a bomb threat getting off the glory I simply called SW and they were awesome and understanding....maybe it was luck of the draw but I think not. Btw my flight is the 11am flight so Im not far behind u we will be self assisting

Glad someone agrees with me.:D

We'll I am going to go for it.:eek:

So if you all see me running and pushing my way

to get off the ship PLEASE stand a side we have

a flight to catch.:p Yeah looks like you will

be right behind me.

Ok here I am again with qestions. I've been reading a thread on the drydock of Spirit, and what Carnival is doing. If I'm understanding it right, Carnival is soon going to be sending Spirit to Australia or Iceland or something? So they are refitting the ship to be more friendly to those country's future cruisers. Someone said there would be electrical outlets refitted to their country's current. In other words our electronics will not work in the ships outlets, with out a "do hickey" of some kind, we need to bring along. Sorry, but I am electronically challenged, and don't understand or know the right lingo to explain all this. Hope I'm making sense to someone here, who can tell me if it's true we do need to bring something extra, and just what that something is. Most importantly, where can we purchase this? Preferably not online, but in a local store please.

George,

Don and I, and Linda are all planning to book the shorter (cheaper) Arizona tour thru Carnival. Don and I saw it in 07, but Linda has never seen it. They have made some additions since we saw it 5 yrs ago, so we don't mind going again. Linda wants to also go to the Luau that evening. Don and I will probably just stay onboard in the evening.

We are also doing the shorter Pearl vist and the Luau.

Ok here I am again with qestions. I've been reading a thread on the drydock of Spirit, and what Carnival is doing. If I'm understanding it right, Carnival is soon going to be sending Spirit to Australia or Iceland or something? So they are refitting the ship to be more friendly to those country's future cruisers. Someone said there would be electrical outlets refitted to their country's current. In other words our electronics will not work in the ships outlets, with out a "do hickey" of some kind, we need to bring along. Sorry, but I am electronically challenged, and don't understand or know the right lingo to explain all this. Hope I'm making sense to someone here, who can tell me if it's true we do need to bring something extra, and just what that something is. Most importantly, where can we purchase this? Preferably not online, but in a local store please.

From what I have heard wwe will be able to us the outlet with out a adapter, they are to have what we need and what the Aussie's need. Hope this help's.

We are also doing the shorter Pearl vist and the Luau.

Anna that's great. There are a few others on here doing the same tours as well. Linda will be very happy to meet some others going to the Luau, as she doesn't want to go alone. Don and I have been to one, and don't care to spend the money to do another.

Anna that's great. There are a few others on here doing the same tours as well. Linda will be very happy to meet some others going to the Luau, as she doesn't want to go alone. Don and I have been to one, and don't care to spend the money to do another.

She definitely will not be alone:)

Grany, I totally understood your question and even your terminology. Thanks for asking.

Kay

Ok, there are links elsewhere in this thread about the upgrades they are doing. The ones I can remember are replacing the Europe 250 V outlets with Australia versions. Our normal ones will remain. They are adding Serenity deck and other than that, I have no real firm idea. I suppose they will be freshening up the carpet and maybe adding flat screens in the rooms.

As for tours the ones I am planning/doing are below:

Road to Hana - Kona

Blue Helicopter Ring of Fire - Hilo

Pearl Harbor (short) - Honolulu

Paradise Cove Luau - Honolulu

Hollywood Movie Tour (pending approval from my ladies) Kauai

Ka'anapali Beach Break - Maui (pending my ladies approval)

Anything else would be fitting into the remaining time. My guess on Pearl and Paradise Cove is the day is filled.

Ok, there are links elsewhere in this thread about the upgrades they are doing. The ones I can remember are replacing the Europe 250 V outlets with Australia versions. Our normal ones will remain. They are adding Serenity deck and other than that, I have no real firm idea. I suppose they will be freshening up the carpet and maybe adding flat screens in the rooms.

Road to Hana - Kona

Anything else would be fitting into the remaining time. My guess on Pearl and Paradise Cove is the day is filled.

Geroge if it pleases the ladies we are renting a car and going to Ka'anapali for the day there is a TON of shopping and the beach and snorkeling and the cliff divers etc.... If you all are interested, we could just rent a van instead, or inquire about a round trip shuttle service. We plan to spend most of the day there.

I thought they were making new outlets AND leaving ours maybe I was confused

Ok off to finish watching football and sleep oh yeah and......

4441 hours

You know how they have those goofy things you cannot plug anything into very well? The plug next to it is the 240/250 Volt one that our European friends use but, we just think are goofy. We usually bring a power strip because when you have phone and battery chargers in place you need the extra plugs. I an so goofy too - tried to plug something into the plug in the bathroom and it was 240 volt - no workee! Sheesh - I know power related fires are serious but, having safe power available just seems to be not only good customer service but, a smart move as well.

Geroge if it pleases the ladies we are renting a car and going to Ka'anapali for the day there is a TON of shopping and the beach and snorkeling and the cliff divers etc.... If you all are interested, we could just rent a van instead, or inquire about a round trip shuttle service. We plan to spend most of the day there.

Will have to ask them about the beach extravaganza! We like a quiet beach where we can kick back and soak up some sun and get wet or whatever. The other stuff sounds very interesting and perhaps the shopping will be the real kicker.

Whenever we go to a new port we try to get the lay of the land so to speak. A couple of the islands we have been to have unique cultures and lifestyles that could be totally missed if you stayed around the cruise port.

The pics I have seen from Hawaii show a place that is just incredibly beautiful and I can hardly wait to feast my eyes on the lush foliage and mountains. One other thing I must see (and burn my feet on) is the black sand beach. When do we leave again???? Is it time yet????

Road to Hana - Kona

Isn't our road to Hana tour on Maui??? We are on that one too--Lenore

Road to Hana - Kona

Hi George,

The "Road to Hana" tour is on Maui not Kona

Lol robin I was waiting........I knew u would chime in on this one :)

LOL..I'm telling you this planning just gets to be too much sometimes:D

I have to write everything down on a note pad. When it gets closer I have a binder with dividers I use to keep everything organized: copy of pp, excursions, hotel reservations, flight/Amtrak info, maps of the islands, etc. I think you get the picture:) I also use a small envelope size organizer for embarkation that holds our boarding pass, pp and any other papers I might need quick access to, just makes my life easier!

LOL..I'm telling you this planning just gets to be too much sometimes:D

I have to write everything down on a note pad. When it gets closer I have a binder with dividers I use to keep everything organized: copy of pp, excursions, hotel reservations, flight/Amtrak info, maps of the islands, etc. I think you get the picture:) I also use a small envelope size organizer for embarkation that holds our boarding pass, pp and any other papers I might need quick access to, just makes my life easier!

You sound like me I found a 5 pocket fine at Target for a buck and have everything in there and seprate pockets for luggage tags. :D

You sound like me I found a 5 pocket fine at Target for a buck and have everything in there and seprate pockets for luggage tags. :D

You people are proper nerds with all that organisational nonsense.

You sound just like me! :D

My preferred method of organising travel stuff is having everything in chronological order.

Airport parking info, flight tickets, then hotel confirmation, San Diego maps, cruise tickets, first port of call details/excursions/maps....etc. etc. ending with return flight details, airport parking details. It works for me. :)

I have a question. Does anyone know if Southwest Airline considers a wheelchair as a checked bag? Or must pay a fee?

You should be good to go. This is on the South West web site:

http://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/unique-travel-needs/index-pol.html

Manual and Power Wheelchairs

Southwest will stow wheelchairs in the aircraft cabin as long as they can be stowed in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) safety guidelines. Each aircraft is equipped with a specially designed wheelchair storage compartment to allow in-cabin stowage of at least one standard-size adult collapsible wheelchair. The wheelchair compartment is located in the rear of the aircraft and is available for Customers' use on a first-come, first-served basis.

If the wheelchair will not safely fit in an approved cabin bin or stowage area, we will transport it in the cargo compartment at no additional charge.

You'd do well to print off the full text, and make sure that nothing changes prior to the flight. Or perhaps call them for further clarification of any issues you may have. :)

Archived