Radiance of the Seas - Alaska

Few questions 1) if we port at say 8:00 am, how quick can we exit the ship? 2) for disembarking at the end, how do we get off asap? 3) anyone know how many electrical outlets are in the cabins? I have oceanview room on the 3rd deck

Thanks for any info!

Unfortunately, I can't answer any of your questions specifically but I can offer some advice. Pack a power strip or extension cord with as long a cord as you think you'll need. Most of the ships I've been on have 2 outlets on top of the desk/dressing table and that's it. The power strip will give you 2-3 times the number of outlets the cabin has. The extension cord might only give you 2 or 3 extra outlets but it will be lighter and less bulky. We packed a power strip on the last cruise but never used it because the two outlets were enough. We'll pack a short extension cord from here on out.

Few questions 2) for disembarking at the end, how do we get off asap? Thanks for any info!

We were the last group off as we did not have a flight and were driving back to the US. If you want to be first off, I think you can do a self-disembark or have an early flight.

I have been trying to remember when my daughter and I got off the ship at the various ports last year. I know that we were among the first off at Ketchikan and that we were waiting with our group to get off as soon as we were cleared. It seems to me that you could pretty much get off the ship at the stated times. As for Seward, I honestly don't know if anyone got off at four in the morning. Ours was the first northbound cruise of last season, and we ran late getting cleared. From what I can gather from this year's threads, it looks like Royal Caribbean runs a train north that leaves at 7:40 so people must be off and ready to go by then.

Northbound..the cruise contracted train transfers (Grandview Train Alaska) leaves Seward approx 8:00am and arrives into the Anchorage airport at approx. 11:30am..your flight can be no earlier than 1:30pm..This was one of the highlights of our cruise..you must book it with RCI in advance...Enjoy :)

We are going North, July 30. Thanks for the great ideas. Will pack extension cord instead of power strip, it will be lighter, didn't think of that, thanks.

We're on the same cruise! Cabin GS 1532. We are so excited! I've gotten tons of great ideas from this board!

Archived