Fain on NCL Epic

Perhaps Kevin Sheehan should have gone on Oasis. He might have been able to avoid some of the design flaws that seem to be plaguing EPIC. Any objective comparison of the initial reactions to Oasis and EPIC seem to come down on the side of Oasis. Would love to hear Mr. Fain's report to his board of directors when he returns from his cruise.:)

Perhaps Kevin Sheehan should have gone on Oasis. He might have been able to avoid some of the design flaws that seem to be plaguing EPIC. Any objective comparison of the initial reactions to Oasis and EPIC seem to come down on the side of Oasis. Would love to hear Mr. Fain's report to his board of directors when he returns from his cruise.:)

Good choice by him. It's always good to know what your competition is doing. After the Oasis, Epic has had more attention than any other new builds in recent years. I just hope that he does not get any ideas about those cabins/bathroom setups on the Epic.:eek: That is one to leave with NCL.:)

It's pretty common for other Cruise Line reps to check out new ships. Every other line had reps on Oasis when she came out. Probably with an invite from Royal to show off our new baby.

The more interesting news to me was that B. Meyer, CEO of the Meyerwerft shipyard was on one of the pre-inaugurals of the Epic. :p

The Meyerwerft has built (amongst others) i.e. the Radiance class and Solstice class ships. At the time he visited the ship STX still had not finished off all works on the EPIC and I bet Meyer was invited by NCL.:p

You can always learn from the competition.wasn't NCL one of the first do do a My Time Dining? I'm sure there were others.Good move on his part

:cj

Yes, they were. NCL brings out very innovative ideas.

I think they went overboard with the bathroom design, though. They are having to replace 1900 faucets, as they are too high, the pressure is too great, and they are causing floods when people wash.

It would have been nice if someone had figured that out before they installed 1900 of them...:rolleyes:

Next, maybe they could replace the doors to the shower and bathroom, so not everyone knows what the person is doing in there.:)

Maybe he's taking notes on how one of his major competitors handle suite perks and amenities. One can only hope.

Right, RCI really needs an NCL style "ship within a ship" where suite passengers can spend the entire cruise without ever coming into any contact with us second class passengers who didn't splurge for the private access areas. :rolleyes:

Archived