Naples-Interchange station-Metro-Cavour (blue line) & Museo (red line)

starwhite2

Does anyone know if I can get off the blue line (line 2) at Cavour and still stay underground and find the metro to Museo-red line (line 1). There are some terrific excavations at Museo that Time Out suggests archeology lovers see. Since I'm already underground, I'm wondering if I have come up from Cavour and walk to Museo, and then repay to re-enter and go down. Thanks.

I think so, but it has been several years since I've been on that part of the system, so I can't be sure.

The best map I've found of Naples metro (and other train and funicolare lines) is here: http://www.metro.na.it/metro/images/stories/PDF/network_map_metronapoli.pdf

The map shows a "tapis roulant" between the two stations, which is not Italian - it looks more like French to me. At any rate, it seems to indicate an underground passageway between the two.

The best map I've found of Naples metro (and other train and funicolare lines) is here: http://www.metro.na.it/metro/images/...etronapoli.pdfEurocruiser,

Eurocruiser:

Can you send me the link on my e-mail. I can't access it as it is shortened. I went to metro.na.it and that's as far as I can go.

Thanks.

starwhite2@aol.com

Let's try it this way, so others can find it as well.

The full string is as follows (I've inserted a carriage return after each forward slash):

http://www.metro.na.it/

metro/

images/

stories/

PDF/

network_map_metronapoli.pdf

By the way, while putting this together, I came across confirmation of my memory under "The Integrated System":

The Integrated System The Metronapoli System is an integrated rail travel network, thanks to its numerous changeover junctions which allow for simple and efficient transfer between the lines.

The Museo-Cavour Connecting Passageway: Connects Lines 1 and 2 by a 300 meter underground passageway equipped with moving walkways and escalators.

Thanks for sleuthing. I should have caught that Museo-Cavour statement (first bullet point on metro.na.it) about the 300 meter walkway, but I was looking for the map.

If anyone is at the Museo station, and wants to see something for free, the space is dedicated to "Stazione Neapolis" - an exhibition of archeological artefacts unearthed during recent excavation work. There are ceramics, coins and a model of one of 3 Roman ships discovered in Piazza Municipio.

Eurocruiser- I assiduously followed your directions on how to get to the map on 3 browsers www.metro.na.it/metro/images/stories/pdf/network_map_metronapoli.pdf

and got "page cannot be found."

Cynthia - no, it's very maddening. And other valuable websites that eurocruiser posts are not available to me either. The OOPS page comes up. I'm using Internet Explorer and it should not be giving me these problems.

Sometimes when I copy and paste, it works. But that particular map didn't come up. However, E.C. kindly sent it to me.

Archived