Great Hubbard Glacier Videos!

miraflores

I videotaped these timelapse videos on two very different weeks up at the Hubbard Glacier. They were filmed only 1 week apart, but are like night and day. The glacier calved big time for me at the perfect moment on the sunny day, and the icebergs were amazing on the cloudy day. I hope you enjoy these videos of an absolutely amazing place!

Hubbard Glacier (Sunny Day):

Hubbard Glacier (Cloudy Day):

Be sure to watch them in HD!

Thanks! It's really amazing up there. I was lucky enough to work up there for 3 seasons...Alaska is incredible. Glad I got to see it from a ship...not a lot of roads up that way. I also made another video like it of the Inside Passage between Port Alice and Quadra Island (going south). I would have kept recording, but it got too dark.

Inside Passage Timelapse:

Again...make sure you watch them in HD...so much better. Let them load completely and then play them, and they'll look really nice!

I videotaped these timelapse videos on two very different weeks up at the Hubbard Glacier. They were filmed only 1 week apart, but are like night and day. The glacier calved big time for me at the perfect moment on the sunny day, and the icebergs were amazing on the cloudy day. I hope you enjoy these videos of an absolutely amazing place!

Thanks for posting the videos. When were they taken? The sunny day video was very similar to what we saw on the June 11th Radiance cruise. It was a great experience. Thank you for allowing us to relive it.:)

Thanks for posting the videos. When were they taken? The sunny day video was very similar to what we saw on the June 11th Radiance cruise. It was a great experience. Thank you for allowing us to relive it.:)

If you meant June 11 of last year, that was the same cruise. I actually showed this video during the Farewell Show, and it was in the Cruise In Review video that we made that week.

Of all the times I'd ever been to Hubbard (too many to count) that week was the nicest I'd ever seen it up there...without comparision.

Whew!!! Great videos - almost had to break out the sea sick pills. Thanks for taking the time to post. Going 8-13 Radiance and we are getting more excited each day. Can't wait to get away from the 100 deg days here in Oklahoma.

Terrific videos. They really brought back some great memories. Thanks so much for sharing.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived